Should N. Pelosi allow Trump to give SOTU speech now that government is open?

Should N. Pelosi allow Trump to give SOTU speech now that government is open?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
Oh please!
We could all recite exactly what he is ig going to lie about.
I won't watch it anyway.

Probably. But it always sounds funnier coming from him. I probably won't watch it either, though.

I seem to have developed a Pavlovian response to his voice...it makes me throw up a little whenever I hear it now.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Well, he said if they do not reach a deal by February 15 - which means him getting his wall - then he will either shut the government down or just start building it anyway as an "emergency" (bogus as that is). So I say no. He can be invited to give a SOTU when the crisis is over. No more shutdown, no more threat of shutdown, no "emergency" nonsense.

Trump announces deal with lawmakers to end government shutdown | Reuters

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Well, he said if they do not reach a deal by February 15 - which means him getting his wall - then he will either shut the government down or just start building it anyway as an "emergency" (bogus as that is). So I say no. He can be invited to give a SOTU when the crisis is over. No more shutdown, no more threat of shutdown, no "emergency" nonsense.

Agreed. Trump is threatening another shutdown or an illegal emergency order to get his way.
No way should the Speaker allow this felon to address congress.
He should wait and tell it to the judge at his trial in court!

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.

That's a great point, but I'm still torn about this. IMO, a deal is a deal, and he should be allowed to give the SOTU. Let him keep dreaming about the wall all he wants; it's not going to happen either way. But if he shuts down the government again, I can see furloughed workers forming a lynch mob and marching on the White House (with the backing of most Americans).

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I think it would show good faith to allow it. Pelosi said he could give it when the government was open. Changing that after he gave would send the wrong signal, probably help him more than help her, etc... Probably the person who would be happiest if Pelosi screws Trump like that would be Coulter.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Trump doesn't deserve to be treated fairly.
The voters will get over Trump having the tables turned on him.

He's the new Benedict Arnold!