Should N. Pelosi allow Trump to give SOTU speech now that government is open?

Should N. Pelosi allow Trump to give SOTU speech now that government is open?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
There is no reason to not let him make the speech now. As long as there is sufficient security, let him do the damn speech.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
There is no reason to not let him make the speech now. As long as there is sufficient security, let him do the damn speech.
Lie and say it's to late to do adequate security now........because some idiot closed the government for a month!

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Lie and say it's to late to do adequate security now........because some idiot closed the government!
As dumb as the American people can be, they'll see through that. Let him give the damn speech. It'll make Pelosi and Dems seem the bigger adults than he is. Let it go. We won a major battle. Just let this go.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
As dumb as the American people can be, they'll see through that. Let him give the damn speech. It'll make Pelosi and Dems seem the bigger adults than he is. Let it go. We won a major battle. Just let this go.
I don't want this guy to win ever again....because a "Win" for him means another loss for America.(we have to work on your HATE capacity........mine is much stronger!)

Oct 2018
WonderfulOregon
I don't see how she could say no - that is what her conditions were.

She is methodical - She takes her time to choose her words - that she hopes won't offend Trump.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I don't see how she could say no - that is what her conditions were.

She is methodical - She takes her time to choose her words - that she hopes won't offend Trump.
No....she said that they would negotiate a mutually agreeable time when the government was open.
That "mutually agreeable time" should only come after all investigations prove that Trump is a legitimate president. (in other words...never)

Reactions: jorae
Sep 2017
California
I think Trump should be allowed to give his SOTU speech now that the govt is back open. He has received his spanking; now let's see what's on his mind. :)

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I think Trump should be allowed to give his SOTU speech now that the govt is back open.
It is only "open" temporarily, though ... we are still less than three weeks away from either another shutdown or a declaration of (fake) emergency that could potentially cause a constitutional crisis. Thus, we are still in a crisis situation. His SOTU message should wait until the situation has been resolved, because we know the actual state of the union as long as the crisis continues.

Reactions: jorae
Nov 2016
USA
Let Rassalas or Ian be the adults in the room. I want revenge!!
I understand how you feel, or at least I think I do. I, too, want revenge. I want to see trump utterly destroyed, politically, at least. However, I think at this stage it may be politically wise for Pelosi to show herself to be gracious, magnanimous and not vindictive in victory, even though trump doesn’t deserve any of that. I think she may end up in a better position later when (not if, but when) trump screw over the nation with either another shutdown or declaring a bogus state of emergency to get his way.