Should N. Pelosi allow Trump to give SOTU speech now that government is open?

Should N. Pelosi allow Trump to give SOTU speech now that government is open?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
It is only "open" temporarily, though ... we are still less than three weeks away from either another shutdown or a declaration of (fake) emergency that could potentially cause a constitutional crisis. Thus, we are still in a crisis situation. His SOTU message should wait until the situation has been resolved, because we know the actual state of the union as long as the crisis continues.
Not while his threat to innocent government workers remains. He needs to apologise.
I've been playing around with the most likely scenarios here. In the first one, Trump gives his SOTU, which will be his final plea for a wall, and then shuts down the government again and/or declares a state of emergency to build the Trump Wall. Those are really bad optics no matter how you look at it.

In the second one, Pelosi says: "No, you can't give your speech until we know the government is really open," and then the same things happen. Still very bad for Trump, but there's more to cry "both sides" about. I say we take the high road and let him give his stupid speech and be done with it.

Nov 2016
USA
I think all the democrats should yell...”you lie”
I think they should remain seated during the entire speech, keeping their hands firmly at their sides while the GOPers stand and give trump thunderous applause. Maybe the Dems could also give the thumbs down signal for good measure.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I think they should remain seated during the entire speech, keeping their hands firmly at their sides while the GOPers stand and give trump thunderous applause. Maybe the Dems could also give the thumbs down signal for good measure.
Stand and turn their backs on Putin's puppet.
Wear casual clothes/shorts/Russian garb

Sep 2013
On a hill
As do I. This is either the beginning, or more likely a trial balloon to see how things happen before getting the next stage ready.

It has nothing to do with what he deserves, but with what we deserve. Thus, what actions are appropriate should not be determined or driven by him.
We need to stay focused on what is right, and not be distracted by thoughts of getting even.

Oct 2018
WonderfulOregon
I think we have to trust Pelosi to make the right decision about the SOTU speech.

If she wants to make him squirm, she knows how. :p:kiss::love::kiss: