Should social media be required to report threats to police?

Should social media be required to report threats to police?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Jul 2013
On a happy trail
That isn't the subject. This isn't a subject about free speech or libertarians, its a subject about reporting people's hateful posts on social media.
Macduff's post was highlighting how even under strict policies some are allowed to post hateful messages.

Farrakhan is and has been free to say what he likes. Free speech doesn't apply to privately owned spaces and has nothing to do with the government in that regard.

It's irrelevant to the subject.
I have no idea what I said that elicited your rabid response.

Nov 2015
UK
You are a Trump supporter, correct?
Ah well, the thread got to post 18 before Trump got dragged in.

Anonymity shouldn't exist on the internet for a kick off. Secondly, it should be easier by law to prosecute someone for defamation of character. Those two things might mature many people up.

Dec 2015
SoCal
Ah well, the thread got to post 18 before Trump got dragged in.

Anonymity shouldn't exist on the internet for a kick off. Secondly, it should be easier by law to prosecute someone for defamation of character. Those two things might mature many people up.
Is it the mention of Trump that leads to defamation of character, or is it the asking if one supports Trump?

Last edited:

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
You are a Trump supporter, correct?
I'm a free speech supporter, even when I vehemently disagree with the speech. That's a concept NPCs have a lot of trouble with. But if you only support free speech for speech you agree with, then you don't really support freedom of speech.

Dec 2015
SoCal
I'm a free speech supporter, even when I vehemently disagree with the speech. That's a concept NPCs have a lot of trouble with. But if you only support free speech for speech you agree with, then you don't really support freedom of speech.
A modern-day Voltaire.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Twitter, FB, etc

They make plenty of money from our society and they should be good citizens.
Yes, they should be referring criminal activity to appropriate law enforcement. Even though it does get tricky with the global reach of these companies.

GAB.com

Gab dot com is like a beer joint that gets too many 9-11 calls. Too many and the city closes the place down.

Remember Youtube and FB had been kicking people off for content violations. That is going to have all these smaller sites opening up.

It's like whack a mole....the mole just keeps moving
Lmao... the sales pitch is not the product.

Twitter, Facebook and youtube called it content violations, but was specifically targeting conservative viewpoints that were gaining traction.

For example; Trump supporters are far more likely to get banned for content violations than an ISIS beheading video, oh, but criticize the beheading video and that is bannable too...

Where gab, they went out of their way to ensure that law enforcement had everything they could use... meanwhile, if you browse Twitter you could probably find 10's of thousands of tweets discussing assassinating Trump and those are left alone.