Should the BNP be banned?

Should the BNP be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
Jun 2010
It's better that you see what the BNP are up to than banning them so that they go underground.

Like a few other fringe groups, they preach one thing but act on another.

Definitely not my cup of tea.

Jul 2011
Detention Block AA-23
Seriously, AS a "fringe American conservative," I'm about as offended as I can be by the comparison.

Even "right-wing" is a pretty hard sell to me - they're not really even economically rightist! People accuse me of being isolationist because I oppose the American military being spread about the globe in peacetime, despite the fact that I believe in free trade with all nations. Not these folks - they're economic isolationists. They support the nationalization of more resources.

No entity that supports a state-run healthcare service is "extreme right." Period. Oh wait, this is the UK we're talking about - "Full stop."

The western world needs to get over this idea of all politics on a linear progression. Even if you need such as scale to conceptualize people, there's more than one parameter.

Jan 2009
Seriously, AS a fringe American conservative, I'm about as offended as I can be by the comparison.

Even "right-wing" is a pretty hard sell to me - they're not really even economically rightist!

The western world needs to get over this idea of all politics on a linear progression. Even if you need such as scale to conceptualize people, there's more than one parameter.
i offended you? i apologize if i did. :(

Jul 2011
Detention Block AA-23
No, no, no... not you. Feetie.

I mean, not that I consider myself intrinsically aligned with the Tea Party movement - particularly after a large portion of them self-align with Sarah Palin despite her big government hypocrisy as an executive in Alaska - but above we have an earnest comparison between the Tea Party movement and the BNP. Full disclosure, though, Ron Paul supporters were having rallies and calling them tea parties long before the GOP at large co-opted things.

Look... Since the BNP's platform is basically whatever its chairman says it is (i.e. that's how their organization works), we can look to Nick Griffin's issue stances. If you honestly read Nick Griffin's positions, comprehensively, and think there's a valid comparison to be made between the Tea Party movement and BNP, your brain is broken.

There are scarce few points of agreement, but I could just as readily compare isolated elements of his market-hostile, pro-centralized government power, pro-national healthcare domestic policy to Barack Obama's.

I would call BNP a centrist authoritarian party, personally. After reading his issues stances, I could concoct a decent argument for calling them center-left. Calling them rightist would be like calling the European fascists of the early 20th century rightist - an utter fallacy.

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
When people/groups engage in hate speech, I'll criticize it and condemn the words or actions, but I'll defend their right to say it.

(Think Fred Phelps in the US).

Jan 2009
No, no, no... not you. Feetie.

I mean, not that I consider myself intrinsically aligned with the Tea Party movement - particularly after a large portion of them self-align with Sarah Palin despite her big government hypocrisy as an executive in Alaska - but above we have an earnest comparison between the Tea Party movement and the BNP. Full disclosure, though, Ron Paul supporters were having rallies and calling them tea parties long before the GOP at large co-opted things.

Look... Since the BNP's platform is basically whatever its chairman says it is (i.e. that's how their organization works), we can look to Nick Griffin's issue stances. If you honestly read Nick Griffin's positions, comprehensively, and think there's a valid comparison to be made between the Tea Party movement and BNP, your brain is broken.

There are scarce few points of agreement, but I could just as readily compare isolated elements of his market-hostile, pro-centralized government power, pro-national healthcare domestic policy to Barack Obama's.

I would call BNP a centrist authoritarian party, personally. After reading his issues stances, I could concoct a decent argument for calling them center-left. Calling them rightist would be like calling the European fascists of the early 20th century rightist - an utter fallacy.
oh ok, i was worried i upset you. wouldnt they be more nazi-like? didnt the wiki entry same something about allowing caucasians only in?