• Not Sure

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I say yes.

Any strategy that can save the lives of our servicemen should be employed. Better that robots get killed then our men and women.
Do you mean "ours" as in "only we would have them" or do you think we'll have robots fighting other robots? Because the whole point of robots is to kill people, isn't it?

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
We already have killer robots.

They are UAV's commonly referred to as "drones".

Been using them for many years now...
That's what I was thinking. After all, what is a smart bomb if not a single use, self-destructing robot? Sort of a kamikaze of robots.

Granted, robots have become a lot more advanced. Really presents the possibility of a completely one sided war. Is it even "war" if only one side has any casualties at all? Finally we can enter the phase of humanity where we have acutal bloodbath slaughters in the name of peace and democracy.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
That's what I was thinking. After all, what is a smart bomb if not a single use, self-destructing robot? Sort of a kamikaze of robots.

Granted, robots have become a lot more advanced. Really presents the possibility of a completely one sided war. Is it even "war" if only one side has any casualties at all? Finally we can enter the phase of humanity where we have acutal bloodbath slaughters in the name of peace and democracy.

I'm never quite that impressed with robots made to emulate things people can do. We have people for that. Seems like a waste of time trying to create a robot that can do backflips when you could just make on that flies.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
I'm never quite that impressed with robots made to emulate things people can do. We have people for that. Seems like a waste of time trying to create a robot that can do backflips when you could just make on that flies.
Well I don't think they are making robots that can do backflips simply because they think there is a need for robotic acrobats. I think it has more to do with the challenge of creating a robot that can climb over any obstacle in it's path and stay balanced, and without anyone controlling it to stay balanced.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Well I don't think they are making robots that can do backflips simply because they think there is a need for robotic acrobats. I think it has more to do with the challenge of creating a robot that can climb over any obstacle in it's path and stay balanced, and without anyone controlling it to stay balanced.

Well, if it could fly, it wouldn't have to worry about that now would it? :)