Should White Boys Still Be Allowed to Talk?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
When you ask a question at a lecture, is it secretly just your opinion ending with the phrase “do you agree?” If so, your name is something like Jake, or Chad, or Alex, and you were taught that your voice is the most important in every room. Somewhere along your academic journey, you decided your search for intellectual validation was more important than the actual exchange of information. Now how do you expect to actually learn anything?

I think most Americans realize at this point that many Colleges and Universities here in the US are forever lost due to Leftist infiltration.

I think this is just another clear example of the Racist attitudes and hatred for this Great Nation that are a daily part of the College/University experience in this Country.

Here we have a young black woman not only openly discriminating against young white men based on the lack of melanin in their skin but, also advocating for them to be denied their 1st Amendment Rights.

There was no discussion in this racist’s “opinion”, rather it was a relentless attack on people based on gender and race.

One could only imagine the outrage if the races were reversed in this article.

This is what is considered acceptable in today's institutes of "higher education" in this Country.

Jul 2016
BAN THE TROLL!!!!
I wish she'd post more here than the racists who spit out hatred every two minutes on schedule...this brilliant woman is worth reading.

American society tells men, but especially white men, that their opinions have merit and that their voice is valuable, but after four years of listening to white boys in college, I am not so convinced. In my time at Dickinson I have listened to probably hundreds of white boys talk. It feels incessant. From classes and lectures, to the news and politics, there is an endless line of white boys waiting to share their opinions on the state of feminism in America, whether the LGBTQ+ population finally has enough rights, the merits of capitalism, etc. The list of what white boys think they are qualified to talk about is endless. Something very few of them seem to understand is that their (ill-informed, uncritical) opinions do not constitute truth. In fact, most often their opinions aren’t even original. White boys spout the narrative of dominant ideologies and pretend they’re hot takes instead of the same misleading garbage shoved down our throats by American institutions from birth.

A Goodwill Ambassador | Dickinson College

LEDA FISHER ’19
As a study-abroad student in Copenhagen, Leda Fisher ’19 experienced a range of European cultures and deepened her understanding of Europe. Back on campus, she’s a student manager at the Clarke Forum for Contemporary Issues, a position that requires her to research and promote special events on campus and allows her a chance to meet and interact closely with high-profile campus visitors. She's also a student leader with Hillel, JStreetU and the Dog House. Leda discusses her ideal dinner companion, why she chose an American studies major, the most important thing she's learned so far and more.
Hometown:
New York City.
Major:
American studies, with a minor in women’s & gender studies.
Clubs and organizations:
The Clarke Forum for Contemporary Issues, Hillel, JStreetU and Dog House.
Honors/scholarships/awards:
John Montgomery Scholarship.
On choosing a major:
My first spring at Dickinson, I went to the American Studies Symposium to hear about all of the senior theses. Hearing how passionate all of the seniors were, and how intersectional the projects were made me think that I wouldn’t be afraid to write an American studies thesis and would possibly enjoy the process.
Favorite class:
One of the most interesting classroom experiences was Fat Studies with Professor [of American Studies and Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies Amy] Farrell. I got to learn about a subject I didn’t have much experience with and then connect it to so many different fields.
On studying abroad:
I studied abroad in Copenhagen the fall of my junior year. Getting to see Northern, Western, Central and Southern Europe was really interesting, as I got to experience a range of European cultures and expand my understanding of Europe and European attitudes.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
When you ask a question a
When you ask a question at a lecture, is it secretly just your opinion ending with the phrase “do you agree?” If so, your name is something like Jake, or Chad, or Alex, and you were taught that your voice is the most important in every room. Somewhere along your academic journey, you decided your search for intellectual validation was more important than the actual exchange of information. Now how do you expect to actually learn anything?

I think most Americans realize at this point that many Colleges and Universities here in the US are forever lost due to Leftist infiltration.

I think this is just another clear example of the Racist attitudes and hatred for this Great Nation that are a daily part of the College/University experience in this Country.

Here we have a young black woman not only openly discriminating against young white men based on the lack of melanin in their skin but, also advocating for them to be denied their 1st Amendment Rights.

There was no discussion in this racist’s “opinion”, rather it was a relentless attack on people based on gender and race.

This is what is considered acceptable in today's institutes of "higher education" in this Country.

LOL...a single student wrires an article in the newspaper of a PRIVATE college and John goes full Drama Queen on us.
Guess what John? That student was exercising HER 1st Amendment right.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State

You always get it backwards.

Jul 2016
BAN THE TROLL!!!!
LOL...a single student wrires an article in the newspaper of a PRIVATE college and John goes full Drama Queen on us.
Guess what John? That student was exercising HER 1st Amendment right.

It's all over the fake news sites* and 4Chan; as well as The Daily Stormer and the fake news site I spoke of yesterday, The Daily Wire.

*The titles are hilariously wrong!