Should'nt all computer keyboards be back lit?

Should'nt all computer keyboards be back lit?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Yes I agree. Remotes as well for tv. I dont see why not, it makes it easier for everyone and gives the option. Turn it off if one doesnt like it.

Reactions: Devil505

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Meh... For computer keyboards, it can be a useful situation under very limited circumstances. For anything that's powered by batteries (like a TV remote), it better have an automatic switch to turn it off after a few seconds.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
My question is from a marketing standpoint .......obviously no mandate is necessary.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Meh... For computer keyboards, it can be a useful situation under very limited circumstances. For anything that's powered by batteries (like a TV remote), it better have an automatic switch to turn it off after a few seconds.
My Macbook works by ambient light and can be turned off.
I find it indespenceable.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
I can see it being more useful for laptops, since the portable nature means you are likely to be working in environments with varied lighting. Not so much with desktops though.

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
With TV remotes, absolutely.

With computer keyboards, I definitely wouldn't pay extra for backlighting. I rarely look at the keys much anyway, and I don't see myself sitting at a computer in a room so dark that I couldn't see the keys if I needed to look. Why not just have a lamp?

Jun 2014
United States
With TV remotes, absolutely.

With computer keyboards, I definitely wouldn't pay extra for backlighting. I rarely look at the keys much anyway, and I don't see myself sitting at a computer in a room so dark that I couldn't see the keys if I needed to look. Why not just have a lamp?

I remember the old Nokia cell phones would light up the keypad when you touched a key. That would be nice on a remote control, but it would consume some batteries.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
I remember the old Nokia cell phones would light up the keypad when you touched a key. That would be nice on a remote control, but it would consume some batteries.
Maybe a little bit, but I think a small led bulb could light all the keys enough, and then turn off after 5 seconds. If it did drain too much, a recharge dock wouldn't be a bad idea though...