@ShoutYourAbortion: This is What a 22 1/2 Week Abortion Looks Like

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
http://www.xojane.com/issues/shoutyourabortion-late-term-abortion-22-weeks

This is the true face of late-term abortion. Not the lies 'pro-lifers' want you to buy into.
[HR][/HR]As #shoutyourabortion trends on social media, encouraging women to shed their shame over having chosen abortion, I have my own story to tell.

/snip

The days passed, and I felt like my body failed her. I failed her. I felt like I was making an uninformed parental decision – and it was killing me. I had so much fear. I couldn’t stop searching the internet for statistics. How many people got a diagnosis like mine and went on to have a healthy baby? Was there a possibility that the doctors were wrong? Online there were testimonials. There were people who had frightening ultrasounds at twenty weeks and made the other choice and their babies were okay.

My mother was sleeping at my house – we were both getting on a plane to go to New York in a few hours, and I was crazed. There was no way I was having the procedure without a second opinion. I made another call, this time to my father – and with help from the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor (MFM) at my dad’s hospital, I went to the best MFM at NYU at 7am on the day of the procedure for a second opinion.

The doctor in New York was certain. Part of my baby’s brain was missing, all the vessels into her heart were fused. She didn’t have a nose and her potential for life after birth was called both limited and painful.

I aborted my baby to end the pain, her future pain, my pain, my husband’s pain, the pain of the people who loved us. I aborted her because if I carried her to term she would have died and taken my sanity with her. I aborted my baby because it was the best choice. As far as I was concerned it was the only choice.
[HR][/HR]

Nov 2014
TN
NO ONE IS SAYING STOP FAMILY PLANNING...

We are saying stop KILLING VIABLE CHILDEREN..

The 1s Lie of the Deathmongers.\

This is why America 71% of all americans want ABORITON REGULATED... restrictions in only Rape incest or life of the mother are more strict regulations.

51% want limited to rape incest or life of the mother.

28% want abortion banned totally

#prolifersarewinning

only 19% want abortion on demand.

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
Republicans are saying stop family planning. They don't want free birth control. They want planned parenthood defunded. They want women to keep their legs crossed. They want to control her reproductive rights. BullSHIT on your assertions.

Sep 2011
aMEEErica
NO ONE IS SAYING STOP FAMILY PLANNING...

We are saying stop KILLING VIABLE CHILDEREN..

The 1s Lie of the Deathmongers.\

This is why America 71% of all americans want ABORITON REGULATED... restrictions in only Rape incest or life of the mother are more strict regulations.

51% want limited to rape incest or life of the mother.

28% want abortion banned totally

#prolifersarewinning

only 19% want abortion on demand.
Dude, "family planning" in this context means abortion...

That's what Nixon was talking about.

It's "family planning" as opposed to "family accidents."

Thx :)

Mar 2015
UK
I think we should brace ourselves for the normal shameful bullying blackmail by our extreme right wingers along with their religious.. who will read the OP and let it slided past them, never stopping for a moment to understand the reality of an abortion..

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
I think we should brace ourselves for the normal shameful bullying blackmail by our extreme right wingers along with their religious.. who will read the OP and let it slided past them, never stopping for a moment to understand the reality of an abortion..
The OP is an exception, framed as an act of compassion. It doesn't cover all those folks who were just too lazy to get the abortion before 20 weeks. Are you actually denying this happens?

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay–Sachs_disease

My best friend was good friends with a couple back in the day whose daughter had the above genetic disorder. It cost them everything, including their daughter, their faith and their marriage. They didn't test, I don't think. From wiki,

Prenatal diagnosis. If both parents are identified as carriers, prenatal genetic testing can determine whether the fetus has inherited a defective gene copy from both parents.[22] Chorionic villus sampling (CVS), the most common form of prenatal diagnosis, can be performed between 10 and 14 weeks of gestation. Amniocentesis is usually performed at 15–18 weeks. These procedures have risks of miscarriage of 1% or less.[23][24]

It's a hellish disease. See how late testing occurs? How can people either not understand why late-term abortions occur or, even worse, think she should go to term anyway, just because that's what they believe, regardless of what's best for the mother and baby?