Siberian tigers chase drone through the snow, catch it and play with it? Well, not!

Mar 2016
Slumming Around In orange baby NEW America!
Siberian tigers chase drone through the snow, catch it and play with it
To these tigers in northeast China, a drone is... - CNN International | To these tigers in northeast China, a drone...
Trending story found an hour ago on www.facebook.com
[video=youtube;wDBigSjLrFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDBigSjLrFg[/video]

Dang! Nice to see so many alive a one time.
Drones seem to taste like plastic and metal.:cheerful:

btw. The battery starts to smoke and fry all.

Really here, The world's humans suck. Killing off these wonderful cats. FOR PROFITS ONLY!

Tigers in Crisis
Promoting the Plight of Endangered Tigers and the Efforts to Save Them
THE SIBERIAN TIGER
It is estimated the wild population of Siberian tigers at around 350-450 tigers.

Almost all wild Siberian tigers live the Southeast corner of Russia in the Sikhote-Alin mountain range east of the Amur River. Their former range included northeastern China and the Korean Peninsula, and as far west as Mongolia. They are the largest of the tiger species and can grow up to 13 feet in length and weigh up to 700 lbs.

The Siberian –or Amur- tiger is considered a critically endangered species with the primary threats to its’ survival in the wild being poaching and habitat loss from intensive logging and development.

Last edited:

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Saw a troop of chimpanzees do a similar thing with a drone.
I saw footage once of a chimpanzee in an enclosure, sitting in a tree, watching a footage-catching drone circle the entire enclosure. It wasn't doing anything, it just watched. After the second or third pass, the chimp pulled out a long stick (which it was not carrying during the first passes), and knocked the drone out of the air.

It recognized the drone's pattern, figured out - and obtained - the tool needed to reach it before the next pass. Impressive.

May 2007
Houston, Texas
I saw footage once of a chimpanzee in an enclosure, sitting in a tree, watching a footage-catching drone circle the entire enclosure. It wasn't doing anything, it just watched. After the second or third pass, the chimp pulled out a long stick (which it was not carrying during the first passes), and knocked the drone out of the air.

It recognized the drone's pattern, figured out - and obtained - the tool needed to reach it before the next pass. Impressive.
I bet we got some conservatives here who would have fallen out of the tree trying to reach the drone.

Jan 2016
Colorado

That was actually the incident I was thinking of. Then the entire troop of chimpanzees gathered around the downed drone, as if to try to figure out what the HELL it was......

May 2007
Houston, Texas
Do you mean the alt-right wingers here (i.e. left-wing fascists), or are you going to stick with conservatives?
I think they know who they are that fit this scenario. I wasn't talking about that endangered moderate republican that is as shy as a fox.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
The good news is, the Russians have stepped up the protection of designated natural reserves. There are now soldiers with assault rifles patrolling many of these areas, guarding them from poachers and such scum.

US act and, as of November, Russian citizen, Steven Seagal meets some of the guards while visiting the Kronotsky Reserve on Kamchatka Peninsula, in Russian Far East, back in September

Kronotsky Reserve protects many bears

as well as other valuable wildlife. Seagal, apparently, wants to make a movie there, in the Far East, in the wilderness.

But, yes, similar guys protect the tigers also :)

Before, some years ago, it was just unarmed rangers there (or, with a hunting rifle at best). Ridiculous. They couldn't do shit to stop anyone. Total lawlessness. But Putin has done much, yes, gotta give him his due.