Simon Cowell gives $150,000 to the Israeli army!

Jun 2013
Somewhere, USA
Simon Cowell Donates $150,000+ to the Israeli Military… Liberals Go Crazy

As the war between Israel and Hamas rages on in Gaza, there is a propaganda and public relations war raging on social media.

Hamas is using Palestinian civilians as human shields, and when they inevitably get caught in the cross fire, their dead and bloody bodies are plastered on the internet in an effort to demonize the Israelis.

Even still, a number of high-profile celebrities and politicians have taken a public stand for Israel, namely Jay Leno, Jon Voight, and Senator Rand Paul.

I totally support this unequivocal. Why wouldn't any American not support Israel?

Jul 2014
United States
Washington Report on Middle East Affairs - U.S. Aid to Israel

The current estimate by the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs of cumulative total U.S. direct aid to Israel is $123.202 billion, updating the figure in our November 2008 issue. Because parts of U.S. aid to Israel are buried in the budgets of various U.S. agencies or in a form not easily quantified—such as the early disbursement of aid, giving Israel a direct benefit of interest income and the U.S. Treasury a corresponding loss—it is virtually impossible to arrive at an exact dollar amount.

Our latest estimate is a conservative, defensible accounting of U.S. direct aid to Israel. It does not include the indirect benefits to Israel resulting from U.S. aid, nor the substantial indirect or consequential cost to the U.S. as a result of its blind support for Israel. Most significantly, perhaps, it does not include the costs resulting from the U.S. invasion and occupation of Iraq—hundreds of billions of dollars, thousands of U.S. and allied casualties, and untold tens of thousands of Iraqi killed and wounded—which is widely believed in the Arab world, and by many Americans as well, to have been undertaken for the benefit of Israel.
I don't think Israel needs a bit of it. Too bad he's not seeing the dead and mutilated children in the hospitals in Gaza. His money would have been better spent there.

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
Why does Israel need my support to bomb hospitals and schools? I don't get the impression it's particularly difficult, so it's not like they need my help.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
... I don't think Israel needs a bit of it. Too bad he's not seeing the dead and mutilated children in the hospitals in Gaza. His money would have been better spent there.
Hamas is not well-known for the wise use of limited resources. Consider, for example, that until a few years ago, construction materials entering Gaza were tightly restricted. Israel loosened those restrictions around 2010, to allow Gaza to build homes, and commercial structures. Perhaps they might even build reinforced shelters for the civilian population.

Instead, the majority of the newly-imported concrete was used to build and reinforce Hamas military tunnels for staging attacks against Israel. So if you were to "give money to Gaza," is it more likely that the money would be used to improve the lives of Palestinians? Or that it would be used (in one way or another) to import more rockets to launch at Israel?

Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
It would be interesting to know if he has ever sent any money to our military to assist our returning soldiers.

Aug 2006
Bay Area (where the rich get richer & the poor get
I totally support this unequivocal. Why wouldn't any American not support Israel?
Why do we have to? I don't support Hamas and I don't support the Israeli government. I have no problem with the Israeli civilians and I have no problem with the Palestinian civilians.

I never understood, for the most part, why everything has to be either-or? Why do you have to pick sides?
if you don't support Israel, you ARE supporting terrorism;
if you don't like innocent Palestinian children being murdered, you support terrorism;
if you are against Hamas, then you are FOR Israel.

Nov 2010
I guess I can see why Americans would support Israel, we have slaughtered many civilians and use the same excuses Israel uses for murdering civilians.

But why would some be against it? I don't know, the mass killing of women and children, complete destruction of neighborhoods? hmm, why would anybody be against that. After all! they are just evil Muslims

Nov 2010
Why do we have to? I don't support Hamas and I don't support the Israeli government. I have no problem with the Israeli civilians and I have no problem with the Palestinian civilians.

I never understood, for the most part, why everything has to be either-or? Why do you have to pick sides?
if you don't support Israel, you ARE supporting terrorism;
if you don't like innocent Palestinian children being murdered, you support terrorism;
if you are against Hamas, then you are FOR Israel.
White people vs darker skinned Muslims, I can see why some people take the side of Israel and will never admit any wrong doing by them

umm, everything is not black and white. You can be against Hamas and Israel's disproportional response.

Another reason, liberals are more critical of Israel's response so some hacks just have to take the opposite side of those evil leftists

Last edited: