Since when is Questioning the "blackness" of African American's a thing ????

Jul 2013
U.S.A.
since when it is not being American to recognize our rich cultural diversity?
C'mon, man, get with the program. Recognizing one's cultural heritage is fine -- even admirable -- if one is Irish, or English, of Scottish, or Italian, or German, or Norwegian, or Swedish, or Icelandic, or Polish, or French, or Dutch, or Belgian (Flemish or Walloon), or Danish, or Spanish, or Portuguese, or Swiss, or Austrian, or Czech, or Slovakian, or Hungarian, or Romanian, or Finnish, or Bulgarian, or Greek, or Macedonian, or Albanian, or Serbian, or Slovenian, or Montenegrin, or Croatian, or Kosovoan, or Bosnian, or Moldovan, or Estonian, or Latvian, or Lithuanian, or Belarusian, or Ukrainian, or Russian, or Georgian, or Armenian. Heck, it's even okay if you're Andorran, or Luxembourgian, or Lichtensteinian, or Monacoan, or San Marinoin. Transnistrian is probably okay. So is Republika Srpskan. Donestskian might cut it, as might Luhanskian. Azerbaijani or Turk... That's pushing it. Israeli is generally fine. Chinese or Japanese is okay under the right circumstances, as is East Indian. Australian is fine. Vietnamese, Thai, Burmese, Laotian, Cambodian... Eh, case by case... So too with Indonesian or Malaysian. Maybe Brazilian and/or Argentinian. Maybe. Maybe French Polynesia.

Other than that, forget about it. You're an American, bub, that's it, and you should be grateful for that distinction.

Cheers.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
As long as the first loyalty is to THIS country.
you've got that backwards. Ever heard the term e pluribus unum? Out of many , one. It's our nations motto. In America the people are the country. All the people. You're saying we should put America before American's. Which really doesn't make any sense.

Jul 2013
U.S.A.
you've got that backwards. Ever heard the term e pluribus unum? Out of many , one. It's our nations motto. In America the people are the country. All the people. You're saying we should put America before American's. Which really doesn't make any sense.
Okay, I have to say that Republika Srpskan, or possibly Transnistrian, ought to get some kind of acknowledgement. Just saying... ;)

Cheers.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Okay, I have to say that Republika Srpskan, or possibly Transnistrian, ought to get some kind of acknowledgement. Just saying... ;)

Cheers.
I didn't want to look them up, so just went with you pulled them out of your ass, I was good either way:)

Jul 2013
U.S.A.
I didn't want to look them up, so just went with you pulled them out of your ass, I was good either way:)
Heh... But I didn't pull them out of my ass. Truly. Both are not widely acknowledged but arguably extant nationalities. Politics... It all comes down to politics. Same as it ever was.

Cheers.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Actually, it's not irrelevant, not at all. But okay, for argument's sake let's assume that you're correct. Please provide some evidence, any evidence, that Ms. Warren expected to benefit from mentioning on occasion that she believed the family stories about having some Native American forebears. What did she hope to gain. Please be specific. Could'a, might'a won't cut it. If we're going to convict her of deceptively working the system for personal gain, there must have been some specific program(s) she was trying to scam. What were they? What concrete acts did she take to effect those scams?

Cheers.
It doesn't matter, if she THOUGHT it would provide a benefit, that was sufficient for her to lie, whether or not there was a benefit.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
I fully support the OP.

Black is a color.

It's not a race.

It's not a nationality.

Basically, you're black if someone calls you black.

You're black if you call yourself black (most of the time).

You can be half African, but no one is half black.

Barrack Obama is black - he LOOKS black, so he's black.

I'm not black, because I don't look black.

I actually kind of look middle eastern.

A lady last year told me to go back to my country

I had to think about that one for a minute.

Even though my ancestors came to this country in the 16 and 1700's.

Just to not confuse people, I call myself mixed.

Unless I'm applying for a job.

Or trying to get food stamps.

then, I pick the color that's most convenient.

I once got hired because I was white.

it was a predominantly black mall.

I guess that made me a minority.

I had to practice talking like a weatherman

so they would hire me.

On St Patties day

I'm Irish.

Hope this helps.