Snowden Exposes Obama as "one of them"

May 2007
your place
This thing with the NSA has really been a wake up call for me and as far as handling it I give the President an F-. All he has done has shown that he is just "one of them". He knows the constitution and there is no question that he knows it is wrong to take away civil liberties from citizens and keep it a secret. The "war on terror", The "war on Drugs", and the "war on American privacy, all have one thing in common which is money. It is a dead give away that there is a problem in the land of liberty when we, the protectors of human rights, have a hugely disproportionate prison population in comparison to the rest of the world. Washington is full of lobbyists who represent the prison industry, the snooping industry, the "defense" industry and our representatives give those lobbyists more of an audience than they give the American people. All we have is a bunch of sold out politicians who are playing games instead of being true Americans. We really need to take our elections seriously and run these jokers out of town. They want to scare people and tell them that unless the prohibition of marijuana is continued then thier kids may end up being drug fiends. They want us to be so scared of the terrorists that we are willing to give up our liberty. That is truly a fundamentally un-American message and anybody who promotes it is a coward.

Reactions: 4 people
May 2012
By the wall
I really hope the OP is like 17 or something because if he is just now waking up to what's been going on then he's been a zombie living in a cave under a rock for quite awhile.

Better late than never I suppose.

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
I really hope the OP is like 17 or something because if he is just now waking up to what's been going on then he's been a zombie living in a cave under a rock for quite awhile.

Better late than never I suppose.
Hey man, don't knock it. Any form of waking up is a good thing, especially now in this present climate.

Good on ya, Bluesman. And it's happening more and more, light bulbs are turning on all over America.

And I'm very glad to see it, and yes it scares the shit out of me. But it's a lot better than the alternative.

Reactions: 1 person
May 2007
your place
This stuff extends back through no few Presidential administrations.
I am not just talking about the administration. I am talking about congressional leadership and congress as a whole. I read the other day where a 13 year old girl in Florida got killed by a registered sex offender. The Federal Government, based on the mandatory sentencing guidelines for reefer, seems to care more about the fucked up prohibition of marijuana and keeping the prison lobby happy than they do about protecting children. To me the news about the NSA should be a straw that breaks the camel's back for people who understand the constitution and it doesn't seem like most people even get it.

Reactions: 3 people

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
I am not just talking about the administration. I am talking about congressional leadership and congress as a whole. I read the other day where a 13 year old girl in Florida got killed by a registered sex offender. The Federal Government, based on the mandatory sentencing guidelines for reefer, seems to care more about the fucked up prohibition of marijuana and keeping the prison lobby happy than they do about protecting children. To me the news about the NSA should be a straw that breaks the camel's back for people who understand the constitution and it doesn't seem like most people even get it.
In truth, most people aren't even aware of it. This nation has some serious problems, and it's almost impossible for us to discuss them without going to our fallback R/D, liberal/conservative positions.

I believe some of us (like Rasselas) can get past the rhetoric and discuss the issues. But even discussing the issues, right now? "Obama." It's all about Obama, and the whole thing kicks off again. It's the shame, blame game and nothing can be solved while that's being played.

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
In truth, most people aren't even aware of it. This nation has some serious problems, and it's almost impossible for us to discuss them without going to our fallback R/D, liberal/conservative positions.

I believe some of us (like Rasselas) can get past the rhetoric and discuss the issues. But even discussing the issues, right now? "Obama." It's all about Obama, and the whole thing kicks off again. It's the shame, blame game and nothing can be solved while that's being played.
Newsflash: Obama is the President.

The Obama administration is in power.

If we want to talk about what's happening now, then it's all about Obama.

Yeah, people talk about the President. This one, not the last one.

Reactions: 1 person
Jan 2008
Vertiform City
Thank you for proving my point.
You have no point.

I didn't expect you to like it, either.

This administration is a massive screw-up, and it's high time it's exposed as such.

These people do not deserve your trust. Any more than the Neo-Cons did. Same shit, different day. A turd by any other name is still a turd.