"So Help Me God"

May 2019
Backatown, USA
Here's the oath that Mitch McConnell and the other 99 senators will be sworn in with tomorrow, by Chief Justice John Roberts:

“I solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of Donald Trump, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.”

McConnell has already declared Trump innocent, without hearing a word of testimony. And he is coordinating defense efforts with the White House and Trump's legal team.
Raise your hands - how many people here believe that Mitch McConnell will uphold his oath to God to "do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws"?

Last edited:
Jul 2019
Atlanta
Here's the oath that Mitch McConnell and the other 99 senators will be sworn in with tomorrow, by Chief Justice John Roberts:

“I solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of Donald Trump, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.”

McConnell has already declared Trump innocent, without hearing a word of testimony. And he is coordinating defense efforts with the White House and Trump's legal team.
Raise your hands - how many people here believe that Mitch McConnell will uphold his oath to God to "do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws"?
Seems obvious to me that they disregard the rule of law.

May 2019
Backatown, USA
Seems obvious to me that they disregard the rule of law.
I'm 100% sure that Trump gave highest level administration positions to McConnell's wife and brother-in-law in exchange for McConnell's promise that he would protect Trump from any Senate investigations and trials.
McConnell is not interested in upholding the law or the Constitution.
He's all about covering Donald Trump's corrupt ass at any cost.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
I'm 100% sure that Trump gave highest level administration positions to McConnell's wife and brother-in-law in exchange for McConnell's promise that he would protect Trump from any Senate investigations and trials.
McConnell is not interested in upholding the law or the Constitution.
He's all about covering Donald Trump's corrupt ass at any cost.
McConnell should be in jail too.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
I've Got Nowhere Else to Go
it's all sorta tempered by the fact that the weapons deal this impeachment was meant to facilitate is going to go through anyway. So this impeachment thing is likely to be a bit of a farce. I also think it's serving the purpose of distracting from Bernie Sanders' ascendancy in the Democratic party, and the establishment Democrats have gotten quite agile and versatile in neutralizing the populists in their party. So I think once the primary's over they're gonna ease back on the stick, impeachment-wise.

The Republicans could learn a thing or two, frankly, from how the dems do things. Straight up thug life.

But yeah, the oath. lol.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
it's all sorta tempered by the fact that the weapons deal this impeachment was meant to facilitate is going to go through anyway. So this impeachment thing is likely to be a bit of a farce. I also think it's serving the purpose of distracting from Bernie Sanders' ascendancy in the Democratic party, and the establishment Democrats have gotten quite agile and versatile in neutralizing the populists in their party. So I think once the primary's over they're gonna ease back on the stick, impeachment-wise.

The Republicans could learn a thing or two, frankly, from how the dems do things. Straight up thug life.

But yeah, the oath. lol.
Weapons deal? You've lost me.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
let's not forget the impeachment is about a weapons deal, and about Trump knowing payola when he sees it, and he sees it in this appointment of the drug addict Hunter Biden to a lucrative but largely ornamental position on a Ukrainian oil conglomerate's board.

Hunter Biden is a drug addict. I like the part where he's alleged to have gone trolling through a homeless encampment looking for crack. He is in no position to be on the board of a functioning firm. I wonder if all that will come out during the impeachment hearings. It's dirty AF, but the republicans are also dirty AF, so they've probably got something worked out ahead of time.

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Weapons deal? You've lost me.
this is all about a Ukrainian weapons deal.

You probably don't know what I'm talking about because your sources call it an "aid package." but it's a weapons deal with Ukrainian counter-revolutionaries, many of them with far-right ideologies.

Reactions: bajisima
Jul 2019
Atlanta
let's not forget the impeachment is about a weapons deal, and about Trump knowing payola when he sees it, and he sees it in this appointment of the drug addict Hunter Biden to a lucrative but largely ornamental position on a Ukrainian oil conglomerate's board.

Hunter Biden is a drug addict. I like the part where he's alleged to have gone trolling through a homeless encampment looking for crack. He is in no position to be on the board of a functioning firm. I wonder if all that will come out during the impeachment hearings. It's dirty AF, but the republicans are also dirty AF, so they've probably got something worked out ahead of time.

Is Hunter currently sober?