So sad, US Soccer team did not qualify for the World Cup

Nov 2010
Friggen lost to Trinidad and Tobago and Honduras and Panama pull off wins in the last minutes against good teams to knock them out. I wait 4 years to watch real meaningful US soccer and they are not going to make it. How pathetic, have more talent then they ever have and lay some real bad eggs

Wonderer

Council Hall
May 2014
Missouri
Friggen lost to Trinidad and Tobago and Honduras and Panama pull off wins in the last minutes against good teams to knock them out. I wait 4 years to watch real meaningful US soccer and they are not going to make it. How pathetic, have more talent then they ever have and lay some real bad eggs
I was really surprised to hear that this morning. Bummer! :(

Nov 2010
I was really surprised to hear that this morning. Bummer! :(
It's pathetic that I had to watch with spanish announcers because no english speaking channel had it (or one I had, not sure if BEIN is english speaking channel) ,but I did. THey kept you up to date on waht was going on (I know enough spanish to know what they were talking about, goal is pretty much unviersal). My heart sank when they said Panama had scored.

The first half was a joke,they were horrendous (didn't help the field was absolute garbage), and their goalie needds to retire, the goals he let in should have been saved, sad to see, he was a legend but age has hit him

They just couldn't get the tying goal, a couple of posts, good save by goalie, and that was that. Ugh, totally ruined the world cup. I guess I will forget about it until they start pumping up the world cup next year and the US won't be playing

And such a shame that Pulisic, who is amazing, won't be playing in the world cup

Jul 2011
Tennessee
Getting players to perform up to their ability is about coaching in my opinion

Nov 2010
Totally bummed!

Article is harsh.

I don't know if America will ever understand soccer...well maybe now that football is getting beat up.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/10/11/usa-world-cup-qualifying-failure-us-soccer-gulati-arena
Thing is, soccer is the most played sport in the country. And MLS is doing really well, making money, filling stadiums. Many of their players are playing top flight football in Europe, they should be better than this. They kicked panama's ass a few nights before, and just didn't show up. Coach is definintely going to be fired. They really need to get a good coach to fix this.