so the media ignores the bombings in austin until two "white men" are injured?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
posting before coffee. But, here's how it went turning on the tele. Trump non-disclosure agreements in the WH. Then, the lead being the firing of Andrew McCabe on the next show. Then, they reveal that the FBI just had a press conference, which they didn't cover, declaring that the bombings are the work of a serial bomber.

Exhibit "A"

Three package bombings that killed two people and injured two others, all of them African-American or Hispanic, in Austin, Texas, may have been motivated by hate, authorities said.

Killed were a 17-year-old boy, an orchestral musician and essay contest winner, and a 39-year-old father, both of them African-American. A 75-year-old Hispanic woman was critically injured and an African-American woman in her 40s was also wounded in the explosions.
Package bombings that killed 2 seen as possible hate crimes in state where hate crimes underreported: Experts - ABC News

Had the news on all weekend and didn't hear a word about it.

Exhibit "B".

"With this tripwire, this changes things," said Christopher Combs, special agent in charge of the FBI's San Antonio division. "It's more sophisticated, it's not targeted to individuals ... a child could be walking down a sidewalk and hit something."

The two latest victims, white men ages 22 and 23, set off the bomb that had been left next to a fence and were recovering in the hospital with "significant injuries," Manley said.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/latest-explosion-in-austin-injures-two-1521463005

Heard it reported for the first time on MSNBC minutes ago.

So, we have serial terrorist attacks going on in one of our major cities. But, the media is treating it like it's barely worth mentioning until two white men are injured?

Last edited:
Jan 2014
California
posting before coffee. But, here's how it went turning on the tele. Trump non-disclosure agreements in the WH. Then, the lead being the firing of Andrew McCabe on the next show. Then, they reveal that the FBI just had a press conference, which they didn't cover, declaring that the bombings are the work of a serial bomber. So, we have serial terrorist attacking going on in one of our major cities. But, the media is treating it like it's barely worth mentioning until two white men are injured?

Exhibit "A"

Package bombings that killed 2 seen as possible hate crimes in state where hate crimes underreported: Experts - ABC News

Had the news on all weekend and didn't hear a word about it.

Exhibit "B".

https://www.wsj.com/articles/latest-explosion-in-austin-injures-two-1521463005

Heard it reported for the first time on MSNBC minutes ago.
The watchman,

Except for the fact that it the bombings have been widely reported in the national media, front page, for the past two weeks, you are correct, sir.

Reactions: 7 people
Dec 2015
SoCal
The watchman,

Except for the fact that it the bombings have been widely reported in the national media, front page, for the past two weeks, you are correct, sir.
I can't bash that. Keep posting facts, and my love-sick puppy will have to grow-up fast.

Sep 2014
United States
I’ve seen it reported on the national news since the first bomb.

Close this flame bait thread. It is bullshit.

Reactions: 1 person
Sep 2014
United States
OP claims the media ignored the bombings until a white Guy was hit, then posts a link to ABC reporting the first bombing where minorities were hit.

Thread fail of epic proportions. Do we need these type of racist flame bait threads here?

Reactions: 1 person

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
tele ....means television, cable news, etc.

Show me where it's been reported.

Dec 2015
SoCal
you don't think that this should be the lead story on every cable news network?
All I know is that I heard about the bombings before white people were injured, but it might have been here, NPR, MSNBC or my Google news feed. I can't recall which.