So you've been invited to a gay wedding...

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
You might have some questions. Don't worry, Key and Peele can help...

[video=youtube;rtgY1q0J_TQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtgY1q0J_TQ[/video]

Reactions: 8 people
Jan 2014
California

Mr. MacDuff,

I'm thinking "what would be the point?". I mean, if you're a young guy, the only reason you go to a wedding is to hit on the brides maids or the other single young women, feeling despirate because their friend is now married. If you're older, it's probably your wife's friends that you have no interest in. And you can't even talk with your wife's other friend's husbands to commiserate.

Jun 2006
Vancouver

Those guys always get a laugh out of me. They set it up, you know exactly what's coming, they pitch right over the plate, and it's still funny.

I gotta watch that. The only clips I've seen are through here.

Jun 2006
Vancouver
Mr. MacDuff,

I'm thinking "what would be the point?". I mean, if you're a young guy, the only reason you go to a wedding is to hit on the brides maids or the other single young women, feeling despirate because their friend is now married. If you're older, it's probably your wife's friends that you have no interest in. And you can't even talk with your wife's other friend's husbands to commiserate.
The couple is gay.

Doesn't mean anyone else there is.

And I'm guessing you go up and give the groom a hug and a firm handshake and his sisters, cousins, co-workers, school friends etc. Have just seen you as some serious boyfriend material.

+edit. I said "the" groom. So square, gently. So square

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Mr. MacDuff,

That's the only reason I go to any wedding. You know that gay guys tend to have a lot of straight women friends, right?
One time me and some friends are out at the bar. Me and my buddy and two girls. None of us in this group are romantically involved. So the bars closed but we wanted to keep going. However only one of us had a membership to an after hours club.
Turns out it was a gay after hours bar. What the hell? I'll try anything. I'm not one of those dudes who lives in fear of getting hit on by another guy. First of all, I'm not that good looking that no one can help themselves around me. I don't give off a gay vibe at all. Gaydar might sound like a stereotype. But after years where being gay was dangerous and hitting on the wrong guy could get you killed, gays probably have pretty good instincts for that kind of thing. And worst case scenario, it's not all that hard to say "Sorry man, I'm not that way."
So anyways, we go to this place. My buddy thought that there might be a good pool of women to hit on there but I figured that the women there were either lesbians or the only reason a straight woman goes to a gay bar is because she doesn't want to get hit on. So I wasn't figuring on much success there.
We had fun though. Bottom line for me is they had beer and scotch. So I'm good. One of the girls we were with kept pestering me to dance. I don't really like to dance and was like "You are in a bar with a million dudes who love to dance and you're pestering me."
Turns out I did find a straight girl to flirt with there. A girl I knew was there with her gay roommate. I think she appreciated that I was cool with being there and didn't get all defensive about it. I wasn't like "Oh hey! Oh no, I'm not gay. I'm here with my not gay friends because I'm not gay or anything. Did I mention that I'm not gay?"

Reactions: 2 people
Feb 2011
The greatest place on Earth California
When my daughter gets married I will be there to support her and her partner. If a person goes to a wedding to scam out girls or guys they are not much of a friend.

Reactions: 5 people

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Those guys always get a laugh out of me. They set it up, you know exactly what's coming, they pitch right over the plate, and it's still funny.

I gotta watch that. The only clips I've seen are through here.
Here's my favorite:
[video=youtube;Dd7FixvoKBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw[/video]

Jul 2014
Border Fence
I'm going to boycott any gay wedding that does not play "We Are Family" at the reception...I gots to boogie.

[video=youtube;TNAQ8LLptUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=63&v=TNAQ8LLptUo[/video]

Reactions: 2 people