Soccer Fans Unite! You have nothing to lose but your lives.

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
If there was any reason given for the repeated violence at soccer matches world wide it would be one thing but I think soccer fans are pumped on alcohol, diminished social expectations and tribalism.

Leicester fans injured in fresh Madrid clashes with police

Leicester City fans have been involved in further clashes with Spanish police ahead of their Champions League tie against Atletico Madrid.

Objects have been thrown at police and fans injured, along with smoke bombs being set off.

BBC journalist Phil Mackie confirmed police used baton charges to clear parts of a city square.

Earlier, Spanish police said eight Leicester fans were arrested for "causing a mess" on Tuesday night.
Leicester fans injured in fresh Madrid clashes with police - BBC News

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Mercifully, this will probably be the first and last time Leicester wlll be in a European tournament, so such scenes will never be repeated.

Apr 2014
Maryland
And boredom. I played soccer in the early 90s. It was fantastic conditioning and a lot of fun. Even played in a league.
That is something I cannot understand half the kids I know play soccer and you would think they would be interested in professional soccer. Kids play basketball and they watch pro basketball games kids play football and watch football games kids play baseball and watch baseball games kids play soccer and .....play video games :)

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
Soccer fans are tribalistic and nationalistic. They are like "social clubs" that exist in some communities. And like the gangs. Given the behavior, I guess the fans wear more than one hat.

Soccer is the world's game, needing only a ball, space to play and players.

Jun 2014
United States
That is something I cannot understand half the kids I know play soccer and you would think they would be interested in professional soccer. Kids play basketball and they watch pro basketball games kids play football and watch football games kids play baseball and watch baseball games kids play soccer and .....play video games :)
I've enjoyed participating in many sports over the years that I find incredibly boring to watch as a spectator.

Mar 2010
out
Mercifully, this will probably be the first and last time Leicester wlll be in a European tournament, so such scenes will never be repeated.
Yeah. It's not as if English football fans are accustomed to making such scenes all over Europe, right?