Soccer player's father charged with assault after punching opposing team member

RNG

Jan 2015
Left coast
I have to admit I put the actual sanctions put on the guy is, IMO, a slap on the wrist for what he did.

I hope he gets his ass sued off.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
I have to admit I put the actual sanctions put on the guy is, IMO, a slap on the wrist for what he did.

I hope he gets his ass sued off.
I hope he met with the family and the boy in an attempt to right wrongs and build some sort of positive from this mess.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
This is why soccer sucks. Its mire violent in the stands than the game. I watched a game between nyfc and redbulls at yankee stadium. Several fights in stands and at the end towards the end of the game some thing went down and. Half the players fell tomthe ground and feigned imjury.... magic spray esnued....

Unlike hockey, if you feign an injury for a penalty, someone on the other team will be happy to give you a real one.
Great hockey brawl, one of my favorites, youth teams, Russians vs. Slovaks (Russians win, obviously haha)
:D

That's why I love that sport lol

Last edited:
Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
My son is in his 4th year of hockey. Each year they make it loud and clear that they will not tolerate one second of parental-meat head BS. If you do you will not be allowed to attend games or practices. So far we've had zero incidents.

My son does wrestling. I played AAA hockey and would love to have had him get into hockey. I just didn't have the time to be there to support him in it. Wrestling can get heated but I have never even heard of a fight among parents int he sport.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I fought with fans as a player at the spectrum in philadelphia back in the day.
In 2010, there was an incident in Russia, "Salavat Yulaev", from Ufa, Bashkortostan was playing a local team in Yekaterinburg, in Ural Mountains, and some crazy guy got into "Salavat" bench and attacked their goalie, Vitaly Kolesnik, with one of the team's own sticks that he grabbed, before the cops, as you see, dragged him out of there
It was pretty serious, Kolesnik ended up bleeding from the head. I believe after this one they mandated higher walls around the team benches, so no whack-jobs like that could jump in there...

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Soccer is worse over there though, way, way, WAY worse, fucking hooligans start mayhem in the stadiums all the time

Back in 2002, Russia took a bad loss to Japan in world championships, fuckers rioted all over downtown Moscow
:D

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
In 2010, there was an incident in Russia, "Salavat Yulaev", from Ufa, Bashkortostan was playing a local team in Yekaterinburg, in Ural Mountains, and some crazy guy got into "Salavat" bench and attacked their goalie, Vitaly Kolesnik, with one of the team's own sticks that he grabbed, before the cops, as you see, dragged him out of there
It was pretty serious, Kolesnik ended up bleeding from the head. I believe after this one they mandated higher walls around the team benches, so no whack-jobs like that could jump in there...

I was here, 5 yrs old or maybe a little older. I was hooked that day.