Socialized medicine foe goes to Canada to fix his hernia

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
As employers have to pay more in costs related to labor, the ROI on automation, outsourcing, and offshoring starts making more sense. The problem with Universal Health Care is that we have a large percentage of Americans that pay no federal income tax. What percentage are you going to hit them with? European countries have very high tax rates paid by everyone. If we put a 18-20% national VAT on everything except food what would be the result? Would the left scream that it is unfair to poor people?
If they have Medicare it would be taken out of their checks just the way we do now.

But that is the least of our problems on health care. Those who do pay taxes are already on Medicaid if they live in a state that provides it. They pay nothing. But if we had one system it would be so much cheaper,easier.

With one central overhead you would cut costs. Medicare has a 3% over head, Insurance companies 10%. Medicare can bargain for Hospital care, drugs, etc.

After all the rants about the ACA, insurance companies adjusted just fine, took them 3 years. Then they were able to provide more benefits. Wellness programs, tests free gym, Hearing Aids, Dental care.

They had so many new people they had no problem adjusting.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
He can afford to go to Canada for superior health-care because he's on the government dole to the tune of about $200K per year.

Besides, he's attempting to make his neighbor pay his bill via a lawsuit.
Paul must have been a really lousy neighbor to get broken ribs,a hernia. Some day we will find out why.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
He can afford to go to Canada for superior health-care because he's on the government dole to the tune of about $200K per year.

Besides, he's attempting to make his neighbor pay his bill via a lawsuit.

wait, so you are saying being paid as per the law for being a senator is "being on the government dole"? So are service members, GS-scale civillians also "on the government dole?"

/facepalm

and his neighbor should pay, and should be in jail.,

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
As employers have to pay more in costs related to labor, the ROI on automation, outsourcing, and offshoring starts making more sense. The problem with Universal Health Care is that we have a large percentage of Americans that pay no federal income tax. What percentage are you going to hit them with? European countries have very high tax rates paid by everyone. If we put a 18-20% national VAT on everything except food what would be the result? Would the left scream that it is unfair to poor people?
That is the main obstacle. Everyone must have skin in the game at the federal level. Other Countries do not have the EIC. I think we need to make a decision on this because there is no such thing as getting everything you want. Until we have tax reform, there will never be UHC. It has to be funded somehow and the Middle class is eroding.

Jun 2014
United States
So, you are really arguing that paying soldiers, civillian employees, and congress people is akin to welfare?

It all comes out of my salary together. I'm not advocating for doing away with any of them -- just being honest about who is funding them.

Based upon your posting history, I wouldn't expect you to grasp the concept of honesty.

Reactions: MaryAnne

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
It all comes out of my salary together. I'm not advocating for doing away with any of them -- just being honest about who is funding them.

Based upon your posting history, I wouldn't expect you to grasp the concept of honesty.

PT barnum is missing a clown, you wouldn't know anything about that, would you? ;)

Dole is what the english call handouts and welfare. so you are arguing that people who work much harder than you are taking free handouts from the gov?

That's just dumb.