Some People Did Something

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Context was willfully and maliciously omitted Macduff.

Omar discusses the need for organizations like CAIR to ensure that Muslims writ large aren’t punished for the actions of a handful of extremists on 9/11.

“Far too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen, and frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it,” Omar said at the event. “CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.”

How would you like it if every white Christian was smeared every time a white Christian committed some heinous act? You wouldn't.

Then to take those four words and pepper them again and again along with an image of Omar into a video of planes hitting the towers was nothing short of assholery.

Her life is in danger thanks to the Orange Idiot and Trump TV. THAT is what's bullshit.
Her life likely is not in any real danger...

However, those four words illustrate her disdain for your nation.

Mar 2015
The cloud
AOC, Rashida Tlaib leap to defense of Ilhan Omar after her 'some people did something' 9/11 remarks

in other news, some people did something at Pearl Harbor to bring the US into WWII. Some people did something in NAZI Germany. Some people did something in Rwanda. And in Las Vegas, Some guy did something outside a country music concert.

LOL, AOC leaps to her defense. That should play well in her home NYC district.
That **nt is going to get hers...karma is a bitch.

Mar 2019
mine field
"No true Scotsman" fallacy.

Christians can be racists, white supremacists, and terrorists too.In fact most of the latter are the former in the USA.
They may call themselves Christians, but the New Testament doctrine does not teach racism, white supremacy or terrorism. Just the opposite. The New Testament teaches we all one in Christ. You go ahead and show us Scripture from the New Testament that teaches Christians to be racist, white supremacy and terrorism. You can't. However, I can show you multiple verses in the Quran that say to kill the unbelievers. Jesus and the disciples never ever taught racism, white supremacy or terrorism.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
You are spewing. Calm down.
Slow down and read the definition of context that I provided.

It says you use the words before and after a “phrase” to “clarify the meaning” of what was said.

Notice that the definition used the word “phrase”. The phrase is part of the comment. You seem to be having trouble with that.

What you are doing is saying she is a bigot and using that for context. You have also said I am defending her but in reality I am talking about the one specific instance of a single phrase being taken out of context. Again calm down and just focus on that. Pretend like it wasn’t a Muslim but instead a white Christian person making a comment about being stereotyped because of something a white supremicist did. That way maybe you won’t get so worked up.
I'm perfectly calm. Now when will you stop sticking up for a known bigot?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Slow down and read the definition of context that I provided.

It says you use the words before and after a “phrase” to “clarify the meaning” of what was said.

Notice that the definition used the word “phrase”. The phrase is part of the comment. You seem to be having trouble with that.

What you are doing is saying she is a bigot and using that for context. You have also said I am defending her but in reality I am talking about the one specific instance of a single phrase being taken out of context. Again calm down and just focus on that. Pretend like it wasn’t a Muslim but instead a white Christian person making a comment about being stereotyped because of something a white supremicist did. That way maybe you won’t get so worked up.
I get it. Now that you realize how stupid you sound while you defend a known antisemite, you're going to play this card.
I love how you think that blathering about context sounds like an argument.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
I get it. Now that you realize how stupid you sound while you defend a known antisemite, you're going to play this card.
I love how you think that blathering about context sounds like an argument.
Unfortunately it seems there is very little that you actually "get."

Exactly what "card" is bluesman playing, understanding English?