Some People Did Something

May 2013
Boise, ID
Amen on all points!

Thanks for the reminder. I turned on the Masters. I won't lie, I want Tiger to win so bad!
Morning Joe started out today with back and forth video footage of Tiger's win and Mayor Pete's speech. There was a cross connection of sorts there. The unlikely athlete and the unlikely presidential candidate. Yesterday was very much a "feel good day" for this country.

It was a compelling scene that nobody expected. A talented athlete who endured umpteen surgeries and lot of physical pain along with self-inflicted wounds and moral failures, rising to the top of the mountain yet again. It was a tale of American forgiveness and redemption.

Watching him hug his Mom and kids afterward in the same manner Tiger hugged his Dad after his first Masters win 22 years ago and the pure JOY of the moment for not only the family, but the fans was compelling.

And he accepted the win with humor and humility :)

Oct 2013
USA
Morning Joe started out today with back and forth video footage of Tiger's win and Mayor Pete's speech. There was a cross connection of sorts there. The unlikely athlete and the unlikely presidential candidate. Yesterday was very much a "feel good day" for this country.

It was a compelling scene that nobody expected. A talented athlete who endured umpteen surgeries and lot of physical pain along with self-inflicted wounds and moral failures, rising to the top of the mountain yet again. It was a tale of American forgiveness and redemption.

Watching him hug his Mom and kids afterward in the same manner Tiger hugged his Dad after his first Masters win 22 years ago and the pure JOY of the moment for not only the family, but the fans was compelling.

And he accepted the win with humor and humility :)

It was so inspiring and wonderful to see him win after all his trials. That is indeed the American story! The audience could not have been more supportive and when he won even the competitors acted like they were fully aware of the history they just participated in. Amazing and wonderful.

I'd love to see Pete be another story of rising to success but even if he doesn't make it to the end, there is always the future and he is gaining name recognition. Not a bad thing no matter where this goes.

May 2013
Boise, ID
It was so inspiring and wonderful to see him win after all his trials. That is indeed the American story! The audience could not have been more supportive and when he won even the competitors acted like they were fully aware of the history they just participated in. Amazing and wonderful.

I'd love to see Pete be another story of rising to success but even if he doesn't make it to the end, there is always the future and he is gaining name recognition. Not a bad thing no matter where this goes.
What struck me also, was that all the guys he was competing against were little kids who found great inspiration in Tiger.

Yesterday, he inspired an entirely new generation!

Obama has called Pete the future of the party. I don't think that's very far off.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
See. Same shit over and over. I am talking about the specific thing she said and provided a dictionary definition for the word context.

You are wanting to say she is a bigot first and use that for the context. I am not making any comment about her in terms of bigotry. I am saying that in this instance what she said is not bigoted in itself. She made a comment about her and other Muslims being stereotyped and discriminated against. You are taking a phrase within her comment and saying it is the comment. Again please refer to the dictionary definition I provided and review the definition of context. It means to read the verbiage before and after the phrase and use that for clarification.
I already addressed your point. You keep mindlessly parroting the "out of context" line. And I've explained to you that the context does not save her statements. 3000 people were brutally murdered on 9-11 and she wants to make herself out to be the victim.
She is a bigot. She has made several anti-Semitic statements. So I have no idea why leftists keep feeling the need to rush to her defense.

May 2007
your place
I already addressed your point. You keep mindlessly parroting the "out of context" line. And I've explained to you that the context does not save her statements. 3000 people were brutally murdered on 9-11 and she wants to make herself out to be the victim.
She is a bigot. She has made several anti-Semitic statements. So I have no idea why leftists keep feeling the need to rush to her defense.

That’s ignorant. You haven’t addressed anything. I have given you the dictionary definition of context. It means that when you read a single phrase from a comment then the phrases before and after it “clarify” the meaning of the phrase. There is nothing you can say to “address” except that either you are wrong to say context doesn’t matter OR the dictionary is wrong.

You are behaving like a troll. You are also ignoring the fact that I have already re-explained to you that I am only responding to and focusing on the current right wing attack that is listed in the Op. Your basic response is to skip over the facts and parrot the right wing idiots who apparantly are taking a single phrase way out of context because she is a Muslim. I get it that attacking Muslims fits in with right wing political correctness but it is still a bigoted act.

Again, please stop with the troll tactics. I have listed what she said below. It takes a huge level of ignorance and bigotry to pervert it into anything bigoted. Racism and bigotry are an ugly stain on America’s history. Just because Trump exploited anti-Muslim bigotry to get votes, it doesn’t change the rules of morality.

[beginquote]

“Far too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen, and frankly, I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it,” Omar said at the event. “CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.”

“As an American member of Congress, I have to make sure I live up to the ideals of fighting for liberty and justice — those are very much rooted in the reason why my family came here,” she says...”

[end quote]

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Feel free to never vote for her. *shrug*