Some people never learn: US, Iraqi forces destroy dozens of vehicles fleeing Fallujah

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Guys, guys... when the U.S. owns the sky, you can't go anywhere out in the open in a column of vehicles. It just doesn't work, we've been over this...

I'm also glad to see the military at least partly uses the term "Da'esh," which is readily interpreted as an insult in Arabic despite more or less forming an acronym for "Islamic State bla bla bla." The group has repeatedly threatened to cut the tongues out of anyone who uses this word and falls under their power, so it's good to throw it at them.

Sep 2014
United States
So, you like that they use Da'esh to antagonize them? Seems like they could use that as a recruiting tool.

We don't use "Islamic terrorism" because it might antagonize them and they might use it as a recruiting tool. Something doesn't add up, but with this idiotic bunch things seldom do.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
So, you like that they use Da'esh to antagonize them? Seems like they could use that as a recruiting tool.

We don't use "Islamic terrorism" because it might antagonize them and they might use it as a recruiting tool. Something doesn't add up, but with this idiotic bunch things seldom do.
Linking Islam as a whole to these guys is, first and foremost, disrespectful​
of the valiant Iraqi troops who died to take Fallujah back. They are Muslim
troops who have fought with honor for their people and for ours.

Sep 2014
United States
Linking Islam as a whole to these guys is, first and foremost, disrespectful​
of the valiant Iraqi troops who died to take Fallujah back. They are Muslim
troops who have fought with honor for their people and for ours.

You do have your talking points down pat. You ignored the point of my post.

Sep 2014
United States
Feel free to enlighten us as to what that point was, and how I missed it.

I thought it was pretty straightforward.

Why do you cheer the use of one term that can be used to recruit, while towing the bullshit line of the administration that the reason they don't use Islamic terrorism is because they might use it to recruit.

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
We should have been doing this earlier, but....I don't think we had good enough intelligence to CONFIRM such formations were "ISIS" or not. (When we have, we have struck....)

Also, I don't know if ISIS forces have been forced to mass and move in such numbers, before.

Remember: The were being pushed out of Fallujah. They really had no choice but to flee. We just stopped their flight with a hail of fire.

Their only option was to stand, fight, and die, as they were facing clear defeat on the ground.

But, that would be the "courageous" thing to do, and these savages are not all that courageous. Sure, they are willing to DIE, but....that is not always courage.

To be honest, though, I am actually surprised that they did not put as many of Fallujah's citizens as possible between them and their enemies.

Probably running out of those, however, and, the Iraqi forces would probably accept civilian casualties in order to take the city.

Now, it is on to Mosul.......that battle will probably be bigger and bloodier, but, I think the Alliance forces will inevitably take that city as well.

ISIS is on the ropes, and, soon they will be JUST a terrorist organization, not a "Caliphate" with land, holdings, and citizens........

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
I thought it was pretty straightforward.

Why do you cheer the use of one term that can be used to recruit, while towing the bullshit line of the administration that the reason they don't use Islamic terrorism is because they might use it to recruit.
I'm talking about Da'esh and how they hate that word.

What are you going on about, recruiting?

Jun 2011
In a better place than u
Guys, guys... when the U.S. owns the sky, you can't go anywhere out in the open in a column of vehicles. It just doesn't work, we've been over this...

I'm also glad to see the military at least partly uses the term "Da'esh," which is readily interpreted as an insult in Arabic despite more or less forming an acronym for "Islamic State bla bla bla." The group has repeatedly threatened to cut the tongues out of anyone who uses this word and falls under their power, so it's good to throw it at them.
I think you're linking this with the "highway of death" incident where we engaged in a massacre of Iraqi soldiers and civilians as they retreated from Kuwait.
That was a war crime, a shameful act, this one appears to be a justifiable mission.
Another war crime was the way we swept into and "cleared" Fallujah (city of churches) during the Iraq war.
It was a nasty slaughter, not only of resistance fighters but civilians.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
I think you're linking this with the "highway of death" incident where we engaged in a massacre of Iraqi soldiers and civilians as they retreated from Kuwait.
That was a war crime, a shameful act, this one appears to be a justifiable mission.
Another war crime was the way we swept into and "cleared" Fallujah (city of churches) during the Iraq war.
It was a nasty slaughter, not only of resistance fighters but civilians.
Live by the sword, die by the sword. The people fleeing Kuwait had a chance to surrender. Many did.

The vehicles leaving were not running for their lives; it was an organized retreat and regroup.

Any organized military group in time of war is liable to immediate destruction. War is hell.