SOME Rent Control Is Necessary

Jun 2018
Florida
Lived the high life at the younger age, no savings made for retirement, huh ?
Yepp, the curse of not have a financial plan... and this country sure did not provide you with the proper principles and education.. always teasing you to spend more, more, more and to live off the credit card... seen this way too often, you poor folks.

and then.. i'm totally fine with rent control.. don't worry about it. I do not qualify for the handouts of the government, but I have full rent control at least.

I decided when I buy, where I buy, at what price I buy, and what size I buy.. so am in full control of my "rent" / mortgage.

And made a huge profit in 5 years off of it already, so thanks for your concerns, buitnot necessary. I would always and again buy in the most expensive real estate markets, where the ROI is also more significant.

Also, I like it here, I can afford it (work provides), and it is part of my retirement plan, so all good.
Did you think I was interested in your personal life and finances ?

As for me, ...Debate the topic, not the poster (PH rules)

I only mentioned my situation as a support to the topic of rent control. That's the topic. Not you or me.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Mr. Tedminator,

I have always said "why anybody would choose to be poor is beyond me."
My saying is "I'd rather be born lucky than smart".

I know lots of poor smart people.. but similar to trump I was just lucky to be born into a not poor family.
Altho unlike trump, I'm actually a nice landlord. I even discuss the matter of raising the rent with a tenant.. "rent is going up. By how much do you think is fair for both of us?" :)

Last edited:
Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Government promotion of unionisation and a higher minimum wage would be of more practical help to the working poor, in correcting the imbalance of power between landlord and tenant.

Jun 2018
Florida
Government promotion of unionisation and a higher minimum wage would be of more practical help to the working poor, in correcting the imbalance of power between landlord and tenant.
Woudln't help me (and 30%) of my apartment complex residents. We're retired.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
To the OP:

I agree in the sense that landlords shouldn't be allowed to just arbitrarily increase rental rates.

This is much less a core of the issue though, since it's overall market manipulation, property flipping, etc.., and similar schemes that have led to this.

Hope things work out...

Nov 2013
NY
Did you think I was interested in your personal life and finances ?

As for me, ...Debate the topic, not the poster (PH rules)

I only mentioned my situation as a support to the topic of rent control. That's the topic. Not you or me.
You engaged in personal conversation, even made recommendations on my personal situation, me better move to a cheaper area...

You either are a stiffler for ‚the rules‘, or you’re not. But don‘t jump around as you like and then lecture others... that’s just weird.

Jun 2018
Florida
You engaged in personal conversation, even made recommendations on my personal situation, me better move to a cheaper area...

You either are a stiffler for ‚the rules‘, or you’re not. But don‘t jump around as you like and then lecture others... that’s just weird.
So we both agree to discuss the topic , not each other. I'm cool with that.