South Park creators issue mock apology to China after being censored

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
The creators of “South Park” have jokingly apologized to China after an episode of the U.S. TV comedy cartoon was reportedly made largely unavailable in the country.

The episode, called “Band in China,” pokes fun at China’s strict censorship laws and ridicules Hollywood for shaping its entertainment to please the Chinese government.

On Monday, Beijing reportedly responded by deleting all clips, episodes and online discussions of the long-running comedy program.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of “South Park,” issued an “official apology to China” via Twitter.

“Like the NBA (National Basketball Association), we welcome the Chinese sensors into our homes and our hearts,” the statement said, referring to an escalating dispute between the NBA and Chinese TV. “We too love money more than freedom and democracy. Xi doesn’t look like Winnie the Pooh at all.” The statement continued: “Long live the Great Communist Party of China! May this autumn’s sorghum harvest be bountiful! We good now China?”

China’s government has sought to wipe almost every episode of the show and clamped down on any mention of “South Park” online, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
The creators of “South Park” have jokingly apologized to China after an episode of the U.S. TV comedy cartoon was reportedly made largely unavailable in the country.

The episode, called “Band in China,” pokes fun at China’s strict censorship laws and ridicules Hollywood for shaping its entertainment to please the Chinese government.

On Monday, Beijing reportedly responded by deleting all clips, episodes and online discussions of the long-running comedy program.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of “South Park,” issued an “official apology to China” via Twitter.

“Like the NBA (National Basketball Association), we welcome the Chinese sensors into our homes and our hearts,” the statement said, referring to an escalating dispute between the NBA and Chinese TV. “We too love money more than freedom and democracy. Xi doesn’t look like Winnie the Pooh at all.” The statement continued: “Long live the Great Communist Party of China! May this autumn’s sorghum harvest be bountiful! We good now China?”

China’s government has sought to wipe almost every episode of the show and clamped down on any mention of “South Park” online, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

I watched that episode yesterday.

Their response is hilarious.

May 2012
By the wall
That is pretty funny.

I don't know if I would have done it however.

Pissing off a communist superpower government is probably not a good idea. Hell, if they can hack into our federal agencies I shudder to think what they could do to an individual.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
That is pretty funny.

I don't know if I would have done it however.

Pissing off a communist superpower government is probably not a good idea. Hell, if they can hack into our federal agencies I shudder to think what they could do to an individual.
It's helps not to be so spineless as to give into godless heathen commies. Some people spend their entire life living in fear, others spend their entire life just living.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
It is amazing that 2 Ivy league non-athletic nerds have larger C.O. Jones than the Manly Men of the NBA
It's as funny as when they went up against the Church of Scientology. Some predicted that it would be the end of South Park. They're still here and, since then, there have been several exposes on Scientology.

Reactions: Madeline
May 2012
By the wall
It's helps not to be so spineless as to give into godless heathen commies. Some people spend their entire life living in fear, others spend their entire life just living.
Yeah I'm thinking living is kind of the point.