South Park creators issue mock apology to China after being censored

May 2016
california
Being a cartoon show probably makes it easier but didn't they fold on dipicting Mohammad?

Reactions: Madeline

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
It's as funny as when they went up against the Church of Scientology. Some predicted that it would be the end of South Park. They're still here and, since then, there have been several exposes on Scientology.
They did lose the Chef over it.

Reactions: Madeline

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
It's helps not to be so spineless as to give into godless heathen commies. Some people spend their entire life living in fear, others spend their entire life just living.
Blizzard is right up there. And this is my game, so. Got some soul-searching to do.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Being a cartoon show probably makes it easier but didn't they fold on dipicting Mohammad?
That was Comedy Central that wimped out, not South Park.

1570564659828.png In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

Reactions: OlGuy and johnflesh
Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Yeah I'm thinking living is kind of the point.
It's a main difference between Americans and Russians. Americans lead, Russians follow.

"I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees." - Emiliano Zapata

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
It's a main difference between Americans and Russians. Americans lead, Russians follow.

"I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees." - Emiliano Zapata
I'd rather live on my feet than die on my knees, but still...