South Park creators issue mock apology to China after being censored

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Battlefields are filled with dead heroes, those that live, live to fight another day.
Nice dance, but I'm talking about standing up for one's rights, not just kneeling down before a murderous assclown like Putin.

May 2012
By the wall
Nice dance, but I'm talking about standing up for one's rights, not just kneeling down before a murderous assclown like Putin.
The people that change the world are the ones that know when to fight and when to retreat.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
It's as funny as when they went up against the Church of Scientology. Some predicted that it would be the end of South Park. They're still here and, since then, there have been several exposes on Scientology.
And the cartoon Mohammed thing.

Reactions: Bad Bob
Dec 2018
the Heart of America
The people that change the world are the ones that know when to fight and when to retreat.
Which explains why Russia is barely above Third World Shithole status.

A coward boasting of his courage may deceive strangers, but he is a laughing-stock to those who know him.
Phaedrus

Nov 2014
North Carolina
The creators of “South Park” have jokingly apologized to China after an episode of the U.S. TV comedy cartoon was reportedly made largely unavailable in the country.

The episode, called “Band in China,” pokes fun at China’s strict censorship laws and ridicules Hollywood for shaping its entertainment to please the Chinese government.

On Monday, Beijing reportedly responded by deleting all clips, episodes and online discussions of the long-running comedy program.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of “South Park,” issued an “official apology to China” via Twitter.

“Like the NBA (National Basketball Association), we welcome the Chinese sensors into our homes and our hearts,” the statement said, referring to an escalating dispute between the NBA and Chinese TV. “We too love money more than freedom and democracy. Xi doesn’t look like Winnie the Pooh at all.” The statement continued: “Long live the Great Communist Party of China! May this autumn’s sorghum harvest be bountiful! We good now China?”

China’s government has sought to wipe almost every episode of the show and clamped down on any mention of “South Park” online, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

I've always loved that cartoon. ^^

The way China is using its corporate influence to suppress free speech in this country is horrifying to me. I wish we could just cut all ties with that authoritarian shit hole and ban any corporation that does business with them from our markets. Because they are literally using our own corporate greed to undermine us from within. It's probably the greatest threat we as a nation face today.

May 2012
By the wall
Which explains why Russia is barely above Third World Shithole status.

A coward boasting of his courage may deceive strangers, but he is a laughing-stock to those who know him.
Phaedrus
So you admit that Russia is better than California then.