Southern Baptist Implosion.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Why is it a southern Baptist implosion?

This is one person.
No, the implosion happens every year as the factions fight among themselves for the direction of the Church. It gets worse every year at the Convention.

One side wants Inclusion of all, moving into the present while the other side wantsthe past.

Something you would know if you read the links. The Denomination is huge but sinking in members every year as many turn away. The Church lost half it’s members in the 4 years I tried to stick it out with pressure from friends.

New Pastor now, but they are still struggling as so many turned away.

RNG

Jan 2015
Left coast
Well, I do know they lost Jimmy Carter. I can't get any data on Baptists in particular other than in general, church attendance is declining.

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
No, the implosion happens every year as the factions fight among themselves for the direction of the Church. It gets worse every year at the Convention.

One side wants Inclusion of all, moving into the present while the other side wantsthe past.

Something you would know if you read the links. The Denomination is huge but sinking in members every year as many turn away. The Church lost half it’s members in the 4 years I tried to stick it out with pressure from friends.

New Pastor now, but they are still struggling as so many turned away.
??? there is no Southern BAPTIST church, EACH CHURCH is independent, the SBC only purpose is to be a cooperative body for funding Mission work...

you see there is no POPE of the SBC you see the Convention is a rope of Sand... each church follows it's own path. the SBC cannot tell any Church in the convention what to do where to spend it's money, how the church is governed etc.

Jun 2014
United States
??? there is no Southern BAPTIST church, EACH CHURCH is independent, the SBC only purpose is to be a cooperative body for funding Mission work...

you see there is no POPE of the SBC you see the Convention is a rope of Sand... each church follows it's own path. the SBC cannot tell any Church in the convention what to do where to spend it's money, how the church is governed etc.

That in no way negates the fact that there has been recent infighting within the SBC, or that the Southern Baptist churches affiliated with the SBC have been losing, rather than gaining memberships over the past few years.