Space Force - Launch Aborted

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Or, there already exists a "space force", probably an extension of the Air Force, I mean the idea of space mounted weapons is not new. The rods from god are an example... And whatever else classified stuff that's put there.

I still feel that the idea rests in opening up some classified technologies that have undoubtedly been developed through the trillions of dollars that "disappear"... Hell, the military is making about 100 billion a year from afghan heroine. "It's a dirty job, but if we don't help them do it then the bad guys will"is the mentality. That type of money can buy some pretty nice toys.

Fait accompli.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Or, there already exists a "space force", probably an extension of the Air Force, I mean the idea of space mounted weapons is not new. The rods from god are an example... And whatever else classified stuff that's put there.

I still feel that the idea rests in opening up some classified technologies that have undoubtedly been developed through the trillions of dollars that "disappear"... Hell, the military is making about 100 billion a year from afghan heroine. "It's a dirty job, but if we don't help them do it then the bad guys will"is the mentality. That type of money can buy some pretty nice toys.
Again - Trump's idea of a the "Space Force" as a separate branch of the military was a stupid idea. That's how he presented it; as a separate branch of the U.S. military. And he would have known this if he had consulted any of the top brass in the DoD before announcing his proposal to the world.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
West Coast 4 Life
Again - Trump's idea of a the "Space Force" as a separate branch of the military was a stupid idea. That's how he presented it; as a separate branch of the U.S. military. And he would have known this if he had consulted any of the top brass in the DoD before announcing his proposal to the world.
He saw something similar in a movie one time and it seemed to work well.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Yes, but, that would remove black ops control and put the space force into the realm of public military. That would mean accountability where presumably there currently is none.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Yes, but, that would remove black ops control and put the space force into the realm of public military. That would mean accountability where presumably there currently is none.
Ok, I'll bite. Exactly what the hell are you talking about?

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Ok, I'll bite. Exactly what the hell are you talking about?
What do you suppose happens to that extra money when you are buying carpenters hammers by the thousands for 500$ a piece? A high end hammer might cost 40$.

Or tents for 100k that might cost a few hundred?

You think the soldiers just pocket the difference? Or is it more logical that the money gets funnelled elsewhere?

Do you accept that military and intelligence technologies that the government uses is more advanced than what the public can access?

In terms of years advancement, what terms are you thinking? 5 years advanced? 10? 50?

Do you account for exponential growth? Better tech allows development of better tech more easily.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way

Sorry, but you are clueless.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Sorry, but you are clueless.
Please elaborate. Here's my previous post:

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Looks like the money I was referring to is in the realm of 21 trillion dollars "missing" between 1998-2015...

Can buy quite the army with 21 trillion over almost 20 years... And about 10x the rate that I was thinking.