Special Prosecutor request made by the Democrats in the Senate and House

Sep 2016
My own world
Schumer is on TV right now asking that Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein to appoint a special prosecutor to the Justice Department as the recent developments suggest that no matter who they appoint to replace Comey that person will likely fear investigating the election and Russia as they may face the same fate as Comey.

People have lost faith in the ability of the Administration to stay out of the investigation. Appointing an Independent Council and commission will leave the matter with non partisan parties and restore the faith that a fair and balanced investigation will proceed.

Last edited:

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
That isn't gonna happen for, at least, 2 years. No Republican is going to support any sort of actual independent investigation of the Trump administration. Especially now. Trump has sent the message loud, and clear: "If I do not own you, if I you so not please me, I will end your career,"

So ,long as Republicans control congress, they will never dare cross this President.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
So ,long as Republicans control congress, they will never dare cross this President.
How would Trump end a Congressman's or Senator's career? They will not start on anything - they can do their own investigations, after all - because they do not want to weaken a Republican president, even though ideologically (and other ways) they would be better off with Pence.

May 2012
By the wall
Schumer is on TV right now asking that Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein to appoint a special prosecutor to the Justice Department as the recent developments suggest that no matter who they appoint to replace Comey that person will likely fear investigating the election and Russia as they may face the same fate as Comey.

People have lost faith in the ability of the Administration to stay out of the investigation. Appointing an Independent Council and commission will leave the matter with non partisan parties and restore the faith that a fair and balanced investigation will proceed.
Maybe Kenneth Star is available, after all, the left has the utmost faith in special prosecutors.

May 2012
By the wall
That isn't gonna happen for, at least, 2 years. No Republican is going to support any sort of actual independent investigation of the Trump administration. Especially now. Trump has sent the message loud, and clear: "If I do not own you, if I you so not please me, I will end your career,"

But you all apparently know Trump is guilty which means you have proof.

Why do you need a special prosecutor?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
But you all apparently know Trump is guilty which means you have proof.

Why do you need a special prosecutor?
What is needed is an independent prosecutor to investigate, who cannot be fired by the target of the investigation. Ken Starr was such an independent prosecutor. Of course, the law providing for him expired (without being renewed) right after the Republicans were done using it. But a "special prosecutor," such as Archibald Cox and Leon Jaworski, can be appointed who is outside the chain of command, and which is the next best thing.

May 2012
By the wall
What is needed is an independent prosecutor to investigate, who cannot be fired by the target of the investigation. Ken Starr was such an independent prosecutor. Of course, the law providing for him expired (without being renewed) right after the Republicans were done using it. But a "special prosecutor," such as Archibald Cox and Leon Jaworski, can be appointed who is outside the chain of command, and which is the next best thing.
Why does the left need a special prosecutor for what they have already found Trump guilty of?

What they are admitting is they don't actually have any proof of wrongdoing yet.

But they still find him guilty.

Sep 2016
My own world
Maybe Kenneth Star is available, after all, the left has the utmost faith in special prosecutors.
The man did a far job, he ended up finding only 1 crime and he did his job. It was a stupid personal matter that he really had no business in (Bill's sex life) but none the less he caught Bill in a lie. I think the man is however just getting over his own problems as he was essentially fired for fucking up in an investigation involving sexual assaults at a University. Kinda Ironic. Plus Starr is now in his 70's. This is going to be an intense investigation and someone younger and at the top of his mental ability should be appointed.

Starr served as the president and chancellor of Baylor University in Waco, Texas, from June 2010 until May 2016. On May 26, 2016, following an investigation into the mishandling by Starr of several sexual assaults at the school, Baylor University's Board of Regents announced that Starr's tenure as university president would end on May 31. The Regents said he would continue as Chancellor, but on June 1, Starr told ESPN that he would resign that position effective immediately.[1] On August 19, 2016, Starr announced he will resign from his tenured professor position at Baylor Law School, completely severing his ties with the university in a “mutually agreed separation”.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Starr

Spookycolt why would you fear a Special Prosecutor, afraid of something?
PS Answer the question without asking one and avoiding it.

Last edited: