Star Wars Rey's parents!

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
I only have the original 3. Were any of the others any good?

Well, I like them all, but I liked The Last Jedi the least. Revenge of the Sith is excellent, as is Rogue One, in my view. A New Hope will always be the definitive SW film for me, as I remember being at the premiere as a fourteen year old and I had never seen anything like it.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Well, I like them all, but I liked The Last Jedi the least. Revenge of the Sith is excellent, as is Rogue One, in my view.
Rogue One was acceptable. Revenge of the Sith was ok if you forget about the scenes showing the relationship between Anakin and Padme ... Hayden could not act his way out of a wet paper bag ... it was so bad I was laughing my ass off. After Return of the Jedi, the one I enjoyed most were The Force Awakens and Solo. Really, though ... if it had ended after Return of the Jedi, it would have been fine.
A New Hope will always be the definitive SW film for me, as I remember being at the premiere as a fourteen year old and I had never seen anything like it.
I remember it just being called Star Wars, and I saw it the year it opened myself. A true classic.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Well, I like them all, but I liked The Last Jedi the least. Revenge of the Sith is excellent, as is Rogue One, in my view. A New Hope will always be the definitive SW film for me, as I remember being at the premiere as a fourteen year old and I had never seen anything like it.
"The Clone Wars" was mentioned in "A New Hope". Do any of the movies deal with that?

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
Rogue One was acceptable.
I thought it was better than many of the films owing to the fact that it was darker (everybody dies) and addressed themes not usually present in a SW film (moral ambiguity etc,), and it lacked the childish element so prevalent in many of the films (Ewoks, Porgs and the like).

Revenge of the Sith was ok if you forget about the scenes showing the relationship between Anakin and Padme ... Hayden could not act his way out of a wet paper bag ... it was so bad I was laughing my ass off.
I felt the same way about the similar scenes in Attack of the Clones.

After Return of the Jedi, the one I enjoyed most were The Force Awakens and Solo. Really, though ... if it had ended after Return of the Jedi, it would have been fine.
I quite liked Solo as a film and The Force Awakens was 'ok', but ROTJ was spoiled for me by the Ewok scenes (Teddy bears defeating the Emperor's crack legion. Really?).

I remember it just being called Star Wars, and I saw it the year it opened myself. A true classic.
Indeed, and I would have preferred if that was the only film some times. All the films thereafter are riddled with obvious employments of deus ex machina devices in order to develop the plot and the continuity is appalling, with other contrivances deployed merely to sell toys.

Last edited:

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I thought it was better than many of the films owing to the fact that it was darker (everybody dies) and addressed themes not usually present in a SW film (moral ambiguity etc,), and it lacked the childish element so prevalent in many of the films (Ewoks, Porgs and the like).
No argument there.
I felt the same way about the similar scenes in Attack of the Clones.
As did I. I just thought Revenge's scenes were even worse.
I quite liked Solo as a film and The Force Awakens was 'ok', but ROTJ was spoiled for me by the Ewok scenes (Teddy bears defeating the Emperor's crack legion. Really?).
I was not a fan of the Ewoks. But I also did not watch the film with the vain hope they would die - unlike my feelings about Jar Jar, for instance.
Indeed, and I would have preferred if that was the only film some times.
Not me. The eventual showdown with Vader in the ROTJ was necessary to complete the story, IMO.
All the films thereafter are riddled with obvious employments of deus ex machina devices in order to develop the plot and the continuity is appalling, with other contrivances deployed merely to sell toys.
Examples? (Not counting the Ewoks ... already dealt with them.)

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
Examples? (Not counting the Ewoks ... already dealt with them.)
Just a couple to start with:

1. Continuity: Leia remembering her mother in ROTJ. Obi-Wan and Owen Lars not remembering R2-D2 and C-3P0 in ANH. Rey back on the Falcon after escaping Snoke's ship in a shuttle.

2. Deus ex Machina: Luke, Leia and Vader being related (and this is why I felt the sequels were unnecessary, but it was necessary to produce more films). 'Force ghosts' employed to develop the plot(s). Rey on the Falcon as mentioned earlier. In TLJ the chase sequence is obviously contrived as Star Destroyers never seemed to have a problem keeping up with smaller vessels before (see continuity as well I suppose). Rey being a classic 'Mary Sue' character. Ren seeking another vision from Vader's spirit ('show me again, Grandfather') after Anakin had been redeemed by Luke in ROTJ (again, this also belongs in continuity)

3. Lucas admitted he created many variations of ships, costumes & creatures etc, in order to sell more toys.

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey
Aug 2018
Vancouver
I only have the original 3. Were any of the others any good?
Rogue One is OK. Episode 7 is fantastic and 8 gets better with multiple viewings but isn't as good as 7. Solo is only just watchable.

And that's it. There are no more star wars movies.

None.

NONE