State Dept. Official Flagged Hunter Biden's 'Conflict of Interest' in Ukraine

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
A State Department official who served in the U.S. embassy in Kiev told Congress that the Obama administration tried in 2016 to partner with the Ukrainian gas firm that employed Hunter Biden but the project was blocked over corruption concerns.

George Kent, the former charge d’affair at the Kiev embassy, said in testimony released Thursday that the State Department’s main foreign aid agency, known as USAID, planned to co-sponsor a clean energy project with Burisma Holdings, the Ukrainian gas firm that employed Hunter Biden as a board member.

At the time of the proposed project, Burisma was under investigation in Ukraine for alleged corruption. Those cases were settled in late 2016 and early 2017. Burisma contested allegations of corruption but paid a penalty for tax issues.

Kent testified he personally intervened in mid-2016 to stop USAID’s joint project with Burisma because American officials believed the corruption allegations against the gas firm raised concern.

“There apparently was an effort for Burisma to help cosponsor, I guess, a contest that USAID was sponsoring related to clean energy. And when I heard about it I asked USAID to stop that sponsorship,” Kent told lawmakers.

Reactions: John T Ford
Jan 2019
southeast
A State Department official who served in the U.S. embassy in Kiev told Congress that the Obama administration tried in 2016 to partner with the Ukrainian gas firm that employed Hunter Biden but the project was blocked over corruption concerns.
George Kent, the former charge d’affair at the Kiev embassy, said in testimony released Thursday that the State Department’s main foreign aid agency, known as USAID, planned to co-sponsor a clean energy project with Burisma Holdings, the Ukrainian gas firm that employed Hunter Biden as a board member.
At the time of the proposed project, Burisma was under investigation in Ukraine for alleged corruption. Those cases were settled in late 2016 and early 2017. Burisma contested allegations of corruption but paid a penalty for tax issues.
Kent testified he personally intervened in mid-2016 to stop USAID’s joint project with Burisma because American officials believed the corruption allegations against the gas firm raised concern.
“There apparently was an effort for Burisma to help cosponsor, I guess, a contest that USAID was sponsoring related to clean energy. And when I heard about it I asked USAID to stop that sponsorship,” Kent told lawmakers.

Really starting to smell like stinky Biden fish!

Sep 2016
My own world
Really starting to smell like stinky Biden fish!
Nothing Hunter Biden or Joe Biden could do that would undo Trump's attempted extortion of Ukraine. Trump is still guilty of crimes and abuse of power.

Jan 2019
southeast
Nothing Hunter Biden or Joe Biden could do that would undo Trump's attempted extortion of Ukraine. Trump is still guilty of crimes and abuse of power.
Take your nose out of MSNBC and might learn something, Eve.

May 2019
Backatown, USA
Take your nose out of MSNBC and might learn something, Eve.
Repeat - nothing that Joe Biden's son may or may not have done changes the fact that President Donald Trump used the official power of his office to pressure a foreign power into going after a political rival.
And then tried to cover up his actions by burying evidence on a top-secret server.

Jan 2019
southeast
Repeat - nothing that Joe Biden's son may or may not have done changes the fact that President Donald Trump used the official power of his office to pressure a foreign power into going after a political rival.
And then tried to cover up his actions by burying evidence on a top-secret server.
Good luck with that. BTW it now appears the Ambassador lied during her testimony before the committee.