Steven King being hammered . Talent over diversity.

Jan 2007
Stephen King is at the center of backlash after discussing on social media how he goes about voting for the Academy Awards. The horror author is a member of the Academy’s writing branch and therefore is permitted to vote for nominations in three categories: Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Original Screenplay. The Academy has been widely criticized this week for its predominantly white 2020 Oscar nominations. King shared on Twitter a day after the Oscar noms were announced that he selects nominees based on quality and not diversity.

“For me, the diversity issue — as it applies to individual actors and directors, anyway — did not come up,” King wrote. “That said, I would never consider diversity in matters of art. Only quality. It seems to me that to do otherwise would be wrong.”

Well that didn't go over well.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
Stephen King is at the center of backlash after discussing on social media how he goes about voting for the Academy Awards. The horror author is a member of the Academy’s writing branch and therefore is permitted to vote for nominations in three categories: Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Original Screenplay. The Academy has been widely criticized this week for its predominantly white 2020 Oscar nominations. King shared on Twitter a day after the Oscar noms were announced that he selects nominees based on quality and not diversity.

“For me, the diversity issue — as it applies to individual actors and directors, anyway — did not come up,” King wrote. “That said, I would never consider diversity in matters of art. Only quality. It seems to me that to do otherwise would be wrong.”

He's right........

CtC

Mar 2019
California

Did for me. Not just for Acting. For ALL walks of life. Talent and skill are far more important than Diversity.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Isn't King a big Leftist?

That seems kind of strange coming from him.

Usually Leftist put color of skin above everything.

Jan 2007
Did for me. Not just for Acting. For ALL walks of life. Talent and skill are far more important than Diversity.
To the left diversity only means race , gender, orientation. Diversity means variety in all things.