Steven Seagal becomes official rep for Russia

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto

MOSCOW, August 4. /TASS/. Celebrated actor Steven Seagal, who is a Russian citizen, has been appointed as a special representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry in charge of the Russian-US humanitarian ties, the Russian Foreign Ministry wrote on Facebook.

"Steven Seagal was appointed as the Russian Foreign Ministry’s special representative for Russian-US humanitarian ties," the ministry said. "The task is to facilitate relations between Russia and the United States in the humanitarian field, including cooperation in culture, arts, public and youth exchanges, and so on."

The Russian foreign ministry has explained that the position is public and is not expected to be paid.

"It is the case when people’s diplomacy meets halfway traditional diplomacy," the ministry said. "As for international practice, you can draw a parallel with the functions of United Nations Goodwill Ambassadors."

Born in the United States, actor Steven Seagal was granted Russian citizenship in November 2016. He often comes to Russia, repeatedly expressing his affection for the country.
TASS: Society & Culture - Steven Seagal appointed by Russian foreign ministry as envoy for humanitarian ties with US

Putin gives Seagal his passport back in 2016
[video=youtube;GSzj7DsHSfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSzj7DsHSfw[/video]

They are real close friends, had been for a long time, even before he had the beard :D

Steven Seagal BLASTS enemies of ‘friend’ Vladimir Putin and causes fury over NFL comments

He and his wife were invited to the Kremlin this year, for Putin's re-Inauguration

He is doing a lot of things in Russia, reportedly investing in diamond mining in Siberia, with Alrosa, Russia's biggest diamond corporation, even before he became a citizen: Steven Seagal travels to Siberia in search of diamonds... and his long lost ancestors

Now he is also gonna do a martial arts show on TV there: Steven Seagal to Produce Live MMA Show in Russia

And in August he'll appear at some festival in Moscow: TASS: Society & Culture - Hollywood martial arts star to open transport technology festival in Moscow in late August

And now, he is officially employed at Russia's Foreign Ministry :D

Busy guy...

Jets

Former Staff
Feb 2011
New York
Anyone know why Richie did Bobby Lupo!

Anyone know where to find Richie....

Sorry [MENTION=16063]The Man[/MENTION]. Couldn’t resist.

Sep 2012
California
TASS: Society & Culture - Steven Seagal appointed by Russian foreign ministry as envoy for humanitarian ties with US

They are real close friends, had been for a long time, even before he had the beard :D

Steven Seagal BLASTS enemies of ‘friend’ Vladimir Putin and causes fury over NFL comments

He and his wife were invited to the Kremlin this year, for Putin's re-Inauguration

He is doing a lot of things in Russia, reportedly investing in diamond mining in Siberia, with Alrosa, Russia's biggest diamond corporation, even before he became a citizen: Steven Seagal travels to Siberia in search of diamonds... and his long lost ancestors

Now he is also gonna do a martial arts show on TV there: Steven Seagal to Produce Live MMA Show in Russia

And in August he'll appear at some festival in Moscow: TASS: Society & Culture - Hollywood martial arts star to open transport technology festival in Moscow in late August

Busy guy...
If you are into martial arts and watch videos with masters of it, they all say Seagall is a piece of shit and a phony. I cannot say one way or the other but when you see that many world class martial artists saying the same thing, why argue with them?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

Busy guy...
Whut a fucking weirdo. A few years ago he was palling around Arizona with Sherrif Arpaio, playing with his tanks and shit.

Half his movies are American jingoistic bullshit, although he usually portrayed the underdog sympathetically.

He needs his head examined, is my guess.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Seagal has been an ardent supporter of Putin, going so far as to defend his government against allegations of election meddling in the United States. He told Piers Morgan on the British ITV network's "Good Morning Britain" last year, "For anyone to think that Vladimir Putin had anything to do with fixing the elections, or even that the Russians have that kind of technology, is stupid."

"And this kind of propaganda is really a diversion ... so that the people in the United States of America won't really see what's happening, " he added.

In the interview, Seagal also praised Putin as "a great world leader" and a "brilliant tactician."

In 2013, BuzzFeed reported that Putin suggested to President Barack Obama that Seagal serve as an honorary envoy of Russia to help improve relations between the two countries. Also that year, California Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher credited Seagal with facilitating meetings for a congressional delegation that visited Russia in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings to investigate the suspects' backgrounds and discuss intelligence sharing issues.
More: Actor Steven Seagal appointed Russian ministry's 'special representative'

He also supported Russia's takeover of Crimea: Steven Seagal Says His 'Brother' Vladimir Putin's Actions In Crimea Are 'Very Reasonable'

He even performed there with his blues band, they gave him a Putin t-shirt, which he seemed to like
[video=youtube;otzQZxhrpeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otzQZxhrpeM[/video]

As far as his actual martial arts skills, I have not idea.

He does visit lots of aikido and karate and other martial arts schools in Russia, the kids seem to love him

Demonstrating a technique at the national convention of the All-Russia Aikido Federation

Personally, I have long thought he went to Russia simply because he's still a big, popular star over there, people still remember all his movies, he has lots of fans there

Lots of Russians admire him, especially the martial arts guys...

Me, I personally always preferred Van Damme :D He's still big there too. But Seagal was always more popular than him :smiley-shrug:

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

He also supported Russia's takeover of Crimea: Steven Seagal Says His 'Brother' Vladimir Putin's Actions In Crimea Are 'Very Reasonable'

He even performed there with his blues band, they gave him a Putin t-shirt, which he seemed to like

He does visit lots of aikido and karate and other martial arts schools in Russia, the kids seem to love him

Demonstrating a technique at the national convention of the All-Russia Aikido Federation

Personally, I have long thought he went to Russia simply because he's still a big, popular star over there, people still remember all his movies, he has lots of fans there

Me, I personally always preferred Van Damme :D He's still big there too. But Seagal was always more popular than him :smiley-shrug:
He had to surrender his American citizenship in order to become a Russian citizen, I presume. Kinda a douchebag thing to do.

OTOH, we have an abundance of douchebags here, and exporting them all to Russia has a certain appeal.

Lol.

Wonder if he can speak Russian yet.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
He had to surrender his American citizenship in order to become a Russian citizen, I presume. Kinda a douchebag thing to do.

OTOH, we have an abundance of douchebags here, and exporting them all to Russia has a certain appeal.

Lol.

Wonder if he can speak Russian yet.
Here, December 2016, in a commercial for MegaFon (big cellular network in Russia)
[video=youtube;vZxupmxPr-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZxupmxPr-I[/video]
:D

Igor Ogurtsov is also in that commercial, he plays a badass teenage gangster in "Law of the Stone Jungle", a show on Russian entertainment channel TNT, about life in one of the nasty poor suburbs of Moscow

Thanks to that show, he is now one of iconic tough guys of Russian TV lol

And Seagal apparently is kind of an idol of his, especially as an MMA fighter himself; he described meeting the guy as one of the top experiences in his life

Say what you want, and I get how you may look upon him now, but Seagal really is kinda... beloved, I would even use that word, over there. He is an icon to lots of folks there. I am not at all surprised he went there.

Jan 2016
Colorado

I have a friend who has a couple of black belts, and he says Van Damme is the real thing, and Seagal is a phony. So take that for what it is worth. Maybe Seagal is just over there for the Russian nookie, like Snowden? Heh heh. I did always like that girl he co-starred with in Under Siege. I liked the scene where she jumps out of the cake. Heh heh.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I have a friend who has a couple of black belts, and he says Van Damme is the real thing, and Seagal is a phony. So take that for what it is worth. Maybe Seagal is just over there for the Russian nookie, like Snowden? Heh heh. I did always like that girl he co-starred with in Under Siege. I liked the scene where she jumps out of the cake. Heh heh.
He has met plenty of new women over there, it's true

:D