Stop smoking. Start vaping.

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Wasn't sure where to post this little rant. I spent over 40 years smoking, and tried everything to quit - gum, patch, even Chantix. Nothing helped. Then I was turned onto vaping. Now, this should not be confused with those shitty-assed e-cigarettes. I would not advise those to anyone. But actual vaping? Hells, yeah. See, to the non-vaping world all kits are known as e-cigarettes. But those who vape know that there is a difference between those crappy little "looks like a real cigarette" things you buy at any given convenience store for, like, 10 bucks, and an actual vaping kit that you buy from a vape shop for, usually between 50 to 150 dollars.

First, there have been several studies demonstrating that the long-term effects of vaping is less harmful than conventional smoking. The advantage of the vaping kits is that you can buy oils that are made with varying strengths of nicotine. This way you can find the oil that will give you the nicotine level to replace cigarettes. Since vaping I have not had the desire, or need to smoke a single cigarette.

Anyone here that still smokes, I would highly recommend trying vaping. You'll be glad you did.

And for everyone else out there, quit acting like vaping is no different than smoking. I am so sick of restaurants, and places of business shitting themselves over me vaping. Allow me to enlighten you all. Smoking involves burning tobacco, either in the form of a cigarette, cigar, pipe, or whatever other contraption certain flea markets sell from a back room. Vaping, on the other hand, has nothing to do with tobacco. Now, a lot of people make the mistake of thinking that the output from vaping, that a vaper breathes out, contains the same carcinogens as a cigarette - that it is "second hand smoke". Guess what? It's not smoke at all. Do you know where the term "vaping" comes from? From the fact that what a vaper is exhaling is vapour - as in water vapour. So the next time you see someone vaping, take a moment and think about what they are actually doing, before you lose your shit.

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I like the $20 one I got at the 7-11. They also have an e-cig that I haven't tried and don't want to. Though I don't know what the difference is, I just know I like this one. And I can haz coupons for the refill cartridges. (Signed up to their site for them)

https://prod.vusevapor.com/products/vibe
Those things didn't do shit for me. When I switched to an actual kit, that made a difference. I also like that you can get, like, a fuck-ton of different flavours.

ON EDIT: After looking at the link, Vibe is kinda different, because it is a kit, and you can get different strengths, and flavours. I do like the more expensive kits, though, because the variety of flavours, and strengths is a lot greater with designer oils.

Last edited:

RNG

Jan 2015
Left coast
From being confined in an elevator once with a guy sucking desperately on an expensive looking fairly long "mini-clarinet" and exhaling copious amounts of white I concluded it still stinks.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Those things didn't do shit for me. When I switched to an actual kit, that made a difference. I also like that you can get, like, a fuck-ton of different flavours.

ON EDIT: After looking at the link, Vibe is kinda different, because it is a kit, and you can get different strengths, and flavours. I do like the more expensive kits, though, because the variety of flavours, and strengths is a lot greater with designer oils.
This product is pretty new. For a while there was a rep in the 7-11 giving coupons for free ones to try. I was like why not? The same rep also gave coupons at the same time for a free pack of cigs. Thought that was weird. Please just try ALL our tobacco products! It's whoever makes Camel, Pall Malls, etc.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
They did not have anything called "vaping," as far as I know, back in '95. Still, I quit smoking using the basic two-step program:

1. Stop
2. Don't start again

Better on the lungs that way, IMO.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
From being confined in an elevator once with a guy sucking desperately on an expensive looking fairly long "mini-clarinet" and exhaling copious amounts of white I concluded it still stinks.
Some of them do. I hate one a friend uses and he uses it too much. It also makes an annoying bubbling sound. This one has no sound and no smell. I blew the vapor directly into a friend's face who hates smells and she can't smell anything at all.

No one notices when I use it inside businesses, restaurants, anything. Were I a business owner., I would ban the kind my friend uses.

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Well, wah. The argument for banning smoking was never "It stinks". It was, "Second hand smoke is as dangerous as smoking". Well, guess what? That isn't the case with vaping. There are absolutely zero chemicals in water vapour.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Well, wah. The argument for banning smoking was never "It stinks". It was, "Second hand smoke is as dangerous as smoking". Well, guess what? That isn't the case with vaping. There are absolutely zero chemicals in water vapour.
It's not wah. People don't want to smell that stink. The kinds that smell should not be used inside places that don't allow smoking. IT leaves the odor behind too. Bleh.

Feb 2015
sadness

oh really.... then what chemicals are you getting out of that water vapor to make you so happy?