Study: 63% of Non-Citizen Households In 2014 Used Welfare

Jan 2014
California
Deadbeats? Most of the people you are talking about have jobs, pay taxes (thought often are under the threshold for federal income tax) have a lower incidence of crime that "real americans" and are the backbone of plenty of industries. You live in California, so you must know that there are plenty of farming towns almost completely populated with immigrant workers. How are they an integral part of the system? That's exactly how. Unemployment is at historic lows — so low that if we kicked out every immigrant worker we wouldn't have enough people to do these jobs because there aren't enough unemployed people.

integral
  • adj. Essential or necessary for completeness; constituent: The kitchen is an integral part of a house.
  • adj. Possessing everything essential; entire.
  • adj. Mathematics Expressed or expressible as or in terms of integers.

I get that you're ready to have food prices skyrocket for people who are making ends meet just so you can kick some immigrants in the shins and tell them to go home, but I'm not so willing to pull the rug out from under the less fortunate just so someone puff their chest.

So anyway, are you proposing we raise the minimum wage? I am. If you aren't, why not?
Mr. Stan,

And suck of the public dole at rates twice that of real Americans.

As for your other point, most illegals live in the large liberals cities in California, because god forbid if rich liberals would pay more than slave wages for their goods and services.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Mr. Stan,

And suck of the public dole at rates twice that of real Americans.

As for your other point, most illegals live in the large liberals cities in California, because god forbid if rich liberals would pay more than slave wages for their goods and services.
And my question, which I bolded to help you be able to read it?

eta: after all, if the minimum wage is "slave wages", then certainly you must be in favor of raising it, right?

Last edited:
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN

eta: after all, if the minimum wage is "slave wages", then certainly you must be in favor of raising it, right?
Stan, are you saying the higher the minimum wage, the less people would qualify for assistance? That is crazy talk!

Jan 2014
California

Mr. Stan,

Slave wages are below minimum wages, which is why rich liberal Californians love illegals so much.

Jan 2014
California
How about the rich conservative Californians that hire them by the tens of thousands to pick their crops, do they love them as well?
Mr. Gaffer,

Those are in the minority. In fact, the UFW does all it can to keep illegals out of the fields. The majority of illegals are located in liberal California cities.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Mr. Gaffer,

Those are in the minority. In fact, the UFW does all it can to keep illegals out of the fields. The majority of illegals are located in liberal California cities.
Sure, let me take your word for that, you are such an honest poster...
How many migrant workers are in California?
Most California farmworkers were born in Mexico, and 60% of crop workers employed on the state's crop farms have been unauthorized for the past decade, according to the National Agricultural Workers Survey, which is 10 percentage points higher than the U.S. average of 50%.Aug 23, 2016
total number of farmworkers employed in agriculture 829,300, or twice average employment. Approximately 83% of farmworkers had their maximum earnings with an agricultural employer in 2014, and almost 80% of those primary farmworkers were employed by crop support firms (392,000) or fruit and nut farms (154,000). Over 60% of all workers had only one farm employer, followed by 27% with two or more farm employers, and 35% were employed in Kern (116,000), Fresno (96,000) and Monterey (82,000) counties.
Please continue....

Just how liberal are Kern, Fresno, and Monterey counties? Hmmmm?

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Mr. Stan,

Slave wages are below minimum wages, which is why rich liberal Californians love illegals so much.
I think you're confused. The study just refers to "non-citizen households" which is just households with at least one non-citizen. It really doesn't mention illegal immigrants or make any effort to separate the two. Surely you know that there are far more legal immigrants than illegal immigrants when looking at "non-citizens" right? You wouldn't be implying that non-citizens are somehow illegitimate or equivalent to illegal would you?

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I think you're confused. The study just refers to "non-citizen households" which is just households with at least one non-citizen. It really doesn't mention illegal immigrants or make any effort to separate the two. Surely you know that there are far more legal immigrants than illegal immigrants when looking at "non-citizens" right? You wouldn't be implying that non-citizens are somehow illegitimate or equivalent to illegal would you?
Sure he would, he is a nativist nationalist.