Study: 63% of Non-Citizen Households In 2014 Used Welfare

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Mr. Gaffer,

What does that have to do with the discussion? My contention was that illegals were shifting from the fields to liberal cities, you supported that point.

My the way, how were Mr. B's warm lips on your balloon knot? even though you didn't have a point, he nonetheless viscerally planted them on your behind.
You are full of shit, end of discussion...

Nov 2006
Yep, and Dims want to keep 'em rolling in.

According to a study from the Center for Immigration Studies, which analyzed the Census Bureau's Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP), 63% of non-citizen households in 2014 accessed welfare programs. The study states that “of non-citizens in Census Bureau data, roughly half are in the country illegally. Non-citizens also include long-term temporary visitors (e.g. guestworkers and foreign students) and permanent residents who have not naturalized (green card holders).”
In comparison to the 63% of non-citizen households that used at least one welfare program, 35% of native-headed households accessed at least one welfare program. 45% of non-citizen households used food programs; 21% of native households used them. 50% of non-citizen households used Medicaid as opposed to 23% of native households.
The study stated:
Welfare use is significantly higher for non-citizens than for natives in all four top immigrant-receiving states. In California, 72 percent of non-citizen-headed households use one or more welfare programs, compared to 35 percent for native-headed households. In Texas, the figures are 69 percent vs. 35 percent; in New York they are 53 percent vs. 38 percent; and in Florida, 56 percent of non-citizen-headed households use at least welfare program, compared to 35 percent of native households.

In October, the Trump administration started targeting for deportation immigrants caught cheating on welfare. L. Francis Cissna, director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, stated, “What is new is that we are expanding the categories of people who are going to be receiving [notices to appear at deportation hearings] to, most principally, people who applied for a benefit and have no underlying lawful status … Starting today, Oct. 1, USCIS will begin implementing the updated NTA policy. Under the new guidance, USCIS officers will now issue an NTA for a wider range of cases where the individual is removable and there is evidence of fraud, criminal activity, or an applicant is denied an immigration benefit and is unlawfully present in the country.”

Study: 63% of Non-Citizen Households In 2014 Used Welfare
The Dailywire is rightwing trash, no wonder you were reading it.

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
If you are going to dismiss centrist sites as fake news, why should we bother responding to you? You need to be on an all right circle jerk board where everyone agrees with you 100%.
Sorry. You’ll get no attendance at the pity party with me. 90% of the time my allegations get questions solely on the source, almost never the content.
The SPLC is a lefty group and make their decisions accordingly. If you don’t accept that as a fact you have no possible way of ever coming to your common senses.

Jan 2007
And my question, which I bolded to help you be able to read it?

eta: after all, if the minimum wage is "slave wages", then certainly you must be in favor of raising it, right?
Wages will naturally rise if there is a shortage of labor. Liberals love cheap labor that pays very little in taxes and consumes much in services. liberals love the environment but want millions of new bodies here that consume resources and natural forest and farmlands. More pollution, paved over acreage, and drive cars that pollute.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Mr. Stan,

You are the one that is confused:

"The study states that “of non-citizens in Census Bureau data, roughly half are in the country illegally"
Conceded. I must have been looking at figures for the foreign born, half of which have already become citizens.

I have to say though, for someone who likes to wag his finger at people who don't immediately answer questions, you are a champion at avoiding them.

Are you in favor of raising the minimum wage? I have other questions, but I don't want to overload you. Just curious what your solution/s is/are.

Last edited:
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Sorry. You’ll get no attendance at the pity party with me. 90% of the time my allegations get questions solely on the source, almost never the content.
The SPLC is a lefty group and make their decisions accordingly. If you don’t accept that as a fact you have no possible way of ever coming to your common senses.
Not if you use a centrist source, but they don't cater to your agenda, do they?

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
Not if you use a centrist source, but they don't cater to your agenda, do they?
Your reasoning is 180 degrees out of phase with reality. You have to scour the internet for negative items regarding Democrats and the left. They are widely ignored by what YOU would consider "centrist" sources.
When breitbart or the Washington TImes covers a story negative to the left it gets dismissed regardless of whether the sources you like give it attention.
This is widely dishonest by those on the left, but it's already an institution. The left thrives on misinformation and duping gullible people,

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Washington Times is a legitimate source, right-center with high factual marks. Breitbart is not, by far.