Study finds no link between autism and vaccine

Nov 2016
Maryland
Well, I see I’m not the only one who has tried to reason with JTF on this matter. I even earned myself a personal insult from him (I was falsely accused of lying) for trying.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Well, I see I’m not the only one who has tried to reason with JTF on this matter. I even earned myself a personal insult from him (I was falsely accused of lying) for trying.
Don't let it get your feathers ruffled birdzeyez, it just politics and these kind of studies can be tricky to discern especially for those who want to take them at face value or even worse believe the news headline.

Nov 2016
Maryland
I understand what “no increased risk for autism after MMR vaccination was consistently observed” means, as it was stated in the Annals of Internal Medicine publication, not generally considered a fake news source. I’m also a scientist who worked in medical research labs for a number of years at one point in my life, so I’m pretty well qualified to “discern” medical study results.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I understand what “no increased risk for autism after MMR vaccination was consistently observed” means, as it was stated in the Annals of Internal Medicine publication, not generally considered a fake news source. I’m also a scientist who worked in medical research labs for a number of years at one point in my life, so I’m pretty well qualified to “discern” medical study results.
I may be wrong, but I think the discredited study from Wakefield was just an excuse. I dont really think they felt it was the basis for vaccination refusal. Especially since it only concerned the MMR vaccine. Anti vaxxers dont do any vaccines. I feel they just used it as a reason to not vaccinate due to what they felt as govt over reach or part of the back to nature movement. States were slow to react and we were left with lots of people just not bothering or spreading them out and then forgetting. Dont forget this also correlates with the holistic movement and when parents stopped taking their kids to the pediatricians and favored holistic medicine or Far Eastern medicine instead.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Then what is your argument?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I’ve already made it. I can’t help it if you obstinately refuse to listen to reason.
I'm not refusing to listen to reason.

I've argued this topic with more than a dozen members in this thread.

Forgive me if I don't recall your's specifically.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
You just don't have the keen eye to read between the lines of scientific journals like Johnny T does. Even though he can't find any reference to a link between autism and the vaccine in the study, he sees that the thread title is fake news because they might have found a link but decided not to mention it in the study. Therefore, we don't have conclusive proof that they didn't find a link because we can't read their minds.

Bet you never considered that, did you?... welcome to the mind of John T. Ford, Amateur Debunker.