Stunning: New York Times Shocked To Find Palin Has Anti-Establishment Principles

Aug 2011
What a positive, uplifting article on the power of Palin. It was a great speech..and this author pointed out the finer points of the plan. The NY Times picks up on this theme, recognizing that in vilifying Palin liberals have closed their minds to Palin’s ideas, which are liberal in the traditional sense. NYT is shocked by Palin's anti-establishment principles because they did not look into what she did in Alaska blowing the whistle on corruption in the GOP as a member of the state oil commission and as a candidate for Governor. She rode that reputation to the governor’s office, where she fought the oil companies to protect Alaska’s interests in its natural resources. That along with a excellent fiscal record tackling billion dollar budgets and slashing earmarks garnished her a 90% approval rating while as Governor. I find her anti-establishment principles as her most endearing qualities which is a quality that the other GOP candidates as well as Obama lack. Palin's two speeches last weekend has received nationwide attention and are making voters and the media stop and do a double take on what she actually said about crony capitalism as well as both the republican and democratic establishment and are now reevaluating Palin's actual ideology. I thought she did indeed carve out an interesting niche with that speech in Iowa, and did in fact set herself apart from all the declared candidates as a true reformer. The New York Times along with the media and the republican and democratic establishment need a good housecleaning.

Original NYT article. A must read:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/10/us/10iht-currents10.html?_r=2&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1315569719-RpR5AuX40tZqZl8xOiUg7g

Last edited:
Dec 2007
Middle of nowhere Arkansas
The new york times is a business and as such they are playing to the perceived needs and yes, prejudices, of their audience. We've also seen them do this before. Senator mccain was the maveric darling of the mainstream press while he was perceived to be at odds with other republicans. When he ran for the presidency he was pretty much given the standard hatchet job by the very same press. The liberal establishment in this country is predictable if nothing else.

Aug 2011
Palin was and still is tortured verbally by the MSM........ Why? answer: Fear...................

She was at odds with the GOP from day one.. They silenced her. I'm sure Carl Rove will continue to bash her along with the rest of the folks in the lens. Why? answer: Fear........

If the media and the Politicians fear her, We should want her all the more.

I like Sarah.. I think she would be a great President.

Aug 2011
"Palin ideas"

Thanks for the laugh, let me know when she actually has an idea other than talking points and nothing of substance, that which usually comes out of here mouth
Good point... But I don't ever hear much from potential candidates. It seems they don't want to share the ideas they have publicly. Its kinda like Nancy Pelosi when she said.. We can't tell you what's in the Bill until we pass it.

Then she had a orgasm.

Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
POLiNSIDER SAYS
recognizing that in vilifying Palin liberals have closed their minds to Palin’s ideas
First of all Palin vilifies herself by her assinine actions, Secondly Palin Puke has not had an original idea in her live and she cannot even steal one without f-ing it up. Yet she does provide ebryone the fodder for a good laugh. HAVING A LAUGH AT THE EXPENSE OF pALIN IS A GOOD IDEA.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Sometimes the knee jerks are so quick I wonder it they can help it.

Aug 2011
POLiNSIDER SAYS

First of all Palin vilifies herself by her assinine actions, Secondly Palin Puke has not had an original idea in her live and she cannot even steal one without f-ing it up. Yet she does provide ebryone the fodder for a good laugh. HAVING A LAUGH AT THE EXPENSE OF pALIN IS A GOOD IDEA.
If she didn't have original ideas then how did she beat 2 well seasoned established governors which one was a incumbent making her the 14th person in our nations history to unseat a incumbent governor?

Reactions: slowlicks
Aug 2011
I think Democrats outside DC and the Media totally underestimate her. She has taken more shit and lived to speak another day.
Most politician would have been under a desk in the fetal position if treated as she has been for the last 3 years.
Two Best Selling books, A TV series, The Tea Party completely behind her.... She made Millions and kept her base together and its growing regardless of what the media tells us.
She one sharp cookie!

I love a, She got guts and will power.