Subpoenas issued to Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, Bank of America to probe Trump's finances

May 2013
Boise, ID
Ya gotta wonder why Deutsche, (the favorite money launderer of Russian oligarchs) was willing to loan the Orange Mob Boss money when about every other bank cut him off and considered him an unacceptable risk. Guess we're about to find out!
"As part of our oversight authority and authorized investigation into allegations of potential foreign influence on the U.S. political process, the House Intelligence Committee today issued subpoenas to multiple financial institutions in coordination with the House Financial Services Committee, including a friendly subpoena to Deutsche Bank, which has been cooperative with the Committees. We look forward to their continued cooperation and compliance," Schiff said in a statement.

House Financial Services Chairwoman Maxine Waters said in a separate statement: "The potential use of the U.S. financial system for illicit purposes is a very serious concern. The Financial Services Committee is exploring these matters, including as they may involve the President and his associates, as thoroughly as possible pursuant to its oversight authority, and will follow the facts wherever they may lead us." Deutsche has about $300 million in loans extended to the Trump Organization. The German lender is one of the few large banks willing to do business with the real estate developer.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/15/politics/deutsche-bank-subpoena/index.html

More on Deutsche:

Deutsche Bank Loaned Trump Billions: Report

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
"friendly subpoena"....
But yeah, it's a good question. As the saying goes "follow the money". If there isn't something shady going here that's all well and good. But, it sure as hell looks suspicious. This part caught my eye:

JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup and Bank of America were the other banks to receive subpoenas Monday from the House committee, three people familiar with the matter said. The subpoenas are seeking documents relating to any business the banks may have had with a list of individuals with suspected ties to money laundering, the people said.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Ya gotta wonder why Deutsche, (the favorite money launderer of Russian oligarchs) was willing to loan the Orange Mob Boss money when about every other bank cut him off and considered him an unacceptable risk. Guess we're about to find out!
Didn't Trump say that probing his finances would be CROSSING a RED LINE?!??

So, what's he gonna do? Nuke Deutsche Bank?

:cool::nerd:

Mar 2012
New Hampshire

Does Deutsche Bank have to respond? I mean they are a foreign bank I believe. I just cant imagine Bank of America giving out info to a foreign govt.

Nov 2015
UK
The Russian craziness continues. It's kinda hard to explain how embarrassed I feel for America with this insane lefty passion over Trump.

Banks won't lend to Trump because he's bankrupted and liquidated companies, liklies to the cost of banks.

May 2013
Boise, ID

Well I understand he's fighting it tooth and nail - But the pundits say he hasn't a leg to stand on. Apparently this is the reason he nearly fired Mueller early on. Still unclear whether Bob subpoenaed Deutsche - But most think not. We'll be seeing his shady dealings on short order :)

May 2013
Boise, ID
"friendly subpoena"....
But yeah, it's a good question. As the saying goes "follow the money". If there isn't something shady going here that's all well and good. But, it sure as hell looks suspicious. This part caught my eye:
Donald's old pal Donny Deutsch (coincidence I believe) thinks that he and Jared are up to their eyeballs in money laundering. They're about to get caught red-handed in the laundromat!

May 2013
Boise, ID
Does Deutsche Bank have to respond? I mean they are a foreign bank I believe. I just cant imagine Bank of America giving out info to a foreign govt.
They've already said they would comply. They have US business licenses making them subject to US law.