Subpoenas issued to Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, Bank of America to probe Trump's finances

May 2013
Boise, ID
The Russian craziness continues. It's kinda hard to explain how embarrassed I feel for America with this insane lefty passion over Trump.

Banks won't lend to Trump because he's bankrupted and liquidated companies, liklies to the cost of banks.
Most normal Americans are embarrassed for America too at this point. But we're every bit as embarrassed for the UK ;)

Jan 2016
Colorado
Most normal Americans are embarrassed for America too at this point. But we're every bit as embarrassed for the UK ;)
A few weeks ago, the following near-perfect letter to the editor appeared in The Economist:

"Regarding 'Brextension time', I find it amazing that a country that produced Churchill, Disraeli, Newton, Bacon, Shakespeare, and even Karl Marx can't find someone smart enough to disentangle Britain from Brexit."

The letter was from a Ken Obenski in Kona, Hawaii (of all places).

I say near-perfect, because I certainly would have cited Charles Darwin instead of Karl Marx. Marx wasn't even native to Britain, after all. So Britain didn't really 'produce' Marx. Britain certainly produced Darwin, and the great economist Joseph Schumpeter even said that Charles Darwin was the HIGHEST product of Victorian Civilization......

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Does Deutsche Bank have to respond? I mean they are a foreign bank I believe. I just cant imagine Bank of America giving out info to a foreign govt.

They should ignore them and force the idiot Dims to go to court and show the court why the court should enforce them. That should be good for laughs.

Sep 2012
SoCal
Well I understand he's fighting it tooth and nail - But the pundits say he hasn't a leg to stand on. Apparently this is the reason he nearly fired Mueller early on. Still unclear whether Bob subpoenaed Deutsche - But most think not. We'll be seeing his shady dealings on short order :)
He's trying to neuter Congress and its constitutional oversight responsibilities … blatantly unconstitutional.

Trump moves to resist House inquiries, setting up fight over congressional subpoena powers
President Trump’s attorneys and the White House are moving to resist a growing number of congressional requests for information, increasing the likelihood of a protracted legal fight that could test the power of congressional subpoenas.

The building battle will shape how much material House Democrats will be able to obtain about Trump’s policies and personal finances through multiple investigations launched by various congressional committees.

White House officials are already digging in their heels on a slew of requests related to Trump’s actions as president. The administration does not plan to turn over information being sought about how particular individuals received their security clearances, Trump’s meetings with foreign leaders and other topics that they plan to argue are subject to executive privilege, according to several aides familiar with internal discussions.

...MORE...

Mar 2019
California
"friendly subpoena"....
But yeah, it's a good question. As the saying goes "follow the money". If there isn't something shady going here that's all well and good. But, it sure as hell looks suspicious. This part caught my eye:
Follow the MONEY? Clinton Cash did that. But some are above the Law.

Mar 2019
California
They should ignore them and force the idiot Dims to go to court and show the court why the court should enforce them. That should be good for laughs.
Yes.There are still LAWS in this country. Such as "Probable Cause". You can't accuse somebody and go LOOKING for a "Crime". This crap PROVES this is a Coup. Wait till subpoenas fly on the Investigators. It has been two years. BOTH sides can play this stupid game.The News is all lies anyway.