Support Your Local Robots

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I used the Little Caesars pizza app last week. It was convenient ordering online. It was convenient getting an accurate time when the pizza would be ready. It was also convenient picking the pizza up at the publicly accessible automated warming oven.

The best part though had to be the dirty looks from the people waiting in line to order or waiting for their names to be called to get their pizza. :D

Jan 2014
California
Share your experiences interacting with robots or automation in the workplace.
boontito, you fabulous bastard,

Can't say that I have had too much interaction, except I have noticed when I attend a performance in downtown Berkeley, it is becoming more and more common to see automated delivery carts roaming the streets.

Jan 2014
California
I used the Little Caesars pizza app last week. It was convenient ordering online. It was convenient getting an accurate time when the pizza would be ready. It was also convenient picking the pizza up at the publicly accessible automated warming oven.

The best part though had to be the dirty looks from the people waiting in line to order or waiting for their names to be called to get their pizza. :D
boontito, raconteur extraordinaire,

Is that really a robot? It is more like calling ahead, and an employee puts your pizza in a warming oven.

This is more of a robot cook:

Robot Chefs Rule the Kitchen at Creator

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I talk to my vac bot after it does it's job as if its a dog ..good boy, roomba! :hug:
Does yours have the map thing on your phone so you can see where it's cleaned that day? My co-worker pulls up the app at work and checks if anything has been missed. :D

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
boontito, raconteur extraordinaire,

Is that really a robot? It is more like calling ahead, and an employee puts your pizza in a warming oven.

This is more of a robot cook:

Robot Chefs Rule the Kitchen at Creator
Well, the OP says robot or automation experience. The order taking process was automated through the app. I didn't have to wait a certain amount of rings and my phone vibrated when my pizza was ready to be picked up.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Does yours have the map thing on your phone so you can see where it's cleaned that day? My co-worker pulls up the app at work and checks if anything has been missed. :D
Gosh I don't think so.. my Darth Roomba is the all black model from several years ago.

I did gift a few of the newer ones with wifi/camera last xmas.. kinda wish I kept one for myself :think:

Jan 2014
California
Well, the OP says robot or automation experience. The order taking process was automated through the app. I didn't have to wait a certain amount of rings and my phone vibrated when my pizza was ready to be picked up.
True,

In that case, I can count self checkout at grocery stores and Home Depot and check in kiosks at the air port.

Also, I have notice it is more and more common to have order kiosks at fast food places here in Oakland.