Suspect wearing 'MAGA' hat charged with attempted murder in alleged sword attack

Nov 2016
USA
Suspect wearing 'MAGA' hat charged with attempted murder in alleged sword attack

A California man accused of slashing someone with a sword after his "Make America Great Again" hat was swatted off his head was charged with attempted murder, mayhem and assault with a deadly weapon on Friday.

Leor Bergland, 30, appeared in San Francisco Superior Court following his Wednesday arrest, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Bergland was arrested in connection with the slashing outside a roller-skating rink last week that reportedly occurred after the victim, 27-year-old Gabriel Gaucin, knocked the red "MAGA" hat popularized by President Trump's campaign off Bergland's head.

The victim suffered a partially severed hand.

More at link, which describes provides more details about the assault.

The victim was wrong to yank the MAGA hat off of the assailant, but there was no excuse for the assailant’s extreme reaction to the provocation.

Peaceful trump supporters my ass.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Considering the circumstance of people assaulting someone with a sword, attempted manslaughter would be more fitting.

That was exactly the reason I used to carry a hammer, box cutter, or other "tool" with me when I was living in a shitty area.

I know of at least twice where I had been approached by someone that looked like they had bad intent, showed them that i was not going to be an easy mark and they moved on.

May 2013
Boise, ID
Many MAGA-Turds are becoming more violent - We must be wary of this reality.

And if Dumpster's taxes reveal evidence of money laundering and evasion, they're liable to come fully unhinged.

Nov 2015
UK

A California man accused of slashing someone with a sword after his "Make America Great Again" hat was swatted off his head was charged with attempted murder, mayhem and assault with a deadly weapon on Friday.

Leor Bergland, 30, appeared in San Francisco Superior Court following his Wednesday arrest, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Bergland was arrested in connection with the slashing outside a roller-skating rink last week that reportedly occurred after the victim, 27-year-old Gabriel Gaucin, knocked the red "MAGA" hat popularized by President Trump's campaign off Bergland's head.

The victim was wrong to yank the MAGA hat off of the assailant, but there was no excuse for the assailant’s extreme reaction to the provocation.

He was wearing Nike trainers. Peaceful Nike supporters my ass.

Jan 2016
Colorado

See? SEE? This is the sort of thing that happens when you take people's GUNS away from them! Then they will just fall back on swords! And if you then impose Stupid Sword Control, they'll fall back on bows and arrows, or clubs, or maybe a good old trusty MACE!

You liberals are gonna make people VERY angry if you're always trying to take away their favorite WEAPONS!

My little sister once stabbed me in the hand with a table fork! What's next, FORK CONTROL?!??

:cool::nerd:

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Many MAGA-Turds are becoming more violent - We must be wary of this reality.

And if Dumpster's taxes reveal evidence of money laundering and evasion, they're liable to come fully unhinged.
After 2 years of being assaulted, attacked, jumped, berated, etc... are you REALLY sure you want to piss off the "nazis" to where they become the deplorables you were concerned about?

May 2013
Boise, ID
See? SEE? This is the sort of thing that happens when you take people's GUNS away from them! Then they will just fall back on swords! And if you then impose Stupid Sword Control, they'll fall back on bows and arrows, or clubs, or maybe a good old trusty MACE!

You liberals are gonna make people VERY angry if you're always trying to take away their favorite WEAPONS!

My little sister once stabbed me in the hand with a table fork! What's next, FORK CONTROL?!??

:cool::nerd:
As a little liberal child I was playing in an empty water heater box, my big sister thought it'd be super-funny to tip it ...

I landed on my head and got a concussion.

BAN EMPTY WATER HEATER BOXES!! :smirk:

Nov 2016
USA
One of the things I was taught as a kid was that provocation was no excuse for reacting with bad behavior.

Apparently that lesson didn’t sink in in in the case of the sword wielding assailant, who almost severed the hand of the offending MAGA hat snatcher.