Suspected white supremacist arrested in thwarted synagogue attack, FBI says

Apr 2014
The liberal commie infested, queer loving north ea
Folks, I keep hearing grumblings about how domestic terrorism is not a problem, yet this sort of thing keeps happening. And this was the real deal! he had every intention of carrying out this plot

He allegedly told an undercover FBI agent that he hoped to poison members of the synagogue and claimed he had paid off a "Mexican cook to hex and poison" attendees by putting arsenic in the water pipes, according to an arrest affidavit.

(MORE: Hispanic man says he was doused with battery acid in racist attack)

The undercover agent connected with Holzer through a Facebook account that portrayed her as a white female who is supportive of white supremacy ideology. Holzer allegedly told her that he was "a skinhead" and former member of the Ku Klux Klan and sent her images of himself wearing clothing that featured symbols related to white supremacy.

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Glad this crazy person was stopped . . . incidents like this support folks being legally armed to protect themselves and others.

Apr 2014
Glad this crazy person was stopped . . . incidents like this support folks being legally armed to protect themselves and others.
Or maybe getting certain people to stop fanning the flames of bigotry would be a better solution.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
A lot of people are now carrying to places of worship. States also are paying for protection for them as well.

Reactions: spamking
Mar 2019
Oklahoma
A lot of people are now carrying to places of worship. States also are paying for protection for them as well.

Yep . . . many local churches here are providing similar types of security. I haven't carried in church myself though . . . I honestly rarely carry at all, but I do keep a firearm in my vehicle.

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Or maybe getting certain people to stop fanning the flames of bigotry would be a better solution.
That would help . . . but it won't remove those who wish to do the rest of us harm from the equation. Arm yourself. Protect yourself. Don't depend on others for it.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Fairly impossible to do. Europe has enormous security at their temples and synagogues. It never ends.

Feb 2007
In my mind
Emboldened by a right wing culture of hatred, vitriol, and racism I fear that this is simply a symptom of something far greater in this country.

Apr 2014

Having some fire power on hand does not hurt but, may god leave it to the professionals. That is what the Temple in my town does.

But long term we need to find out why these young people are so angry, hateful and alienated that they are so susepable to radicalization

Reactions: bajisima