Swastika, 666 painted on Mormon Church

Z

Zaragrunudgeyon

FULLERTON, Calif. -- The FBI and state authorities will look into whether about $40,000 in vandalism at a Mormon church in an upscale part of Fullerton, and broken windows found Tuesday at another Mormon church in the city, are connected to any particular group, police said.

A swastika and the numbers 666 were found a week ago on the walls and religious paintings at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 2225 N. Euclid St., Fullerton police Capt. John Petropulos said.

The broken windows were discovered at another Mormon church in the northeast area of the city, at 801 N. Raymond St., but it is not known if the two incidents are related, he said.

The windows were apparently broken Monday night and a report made Tuesday, Petropulos said.

"It's not often we get vandalism at churches, but the fact that it occurred at two churches will be looked into to see if there is a link," Petropulos said.

The damage at the second church appears to be limited to the windows, the captain said.

"We don't know if they had time to go in or were spooked," Petropulos said.

At the church on Euclid Street, the vandal or vandals used a brush and some paint found in a closet. The paint was spilled on the carpet and spread on religious paintings, and some dishes also were broken and walls kicked in, police said.

The crime at that church occurred at about 10 p.m. on Nov. 19, but was not discovered until the following day, when someone noticed a broken window and went inside to investigate.

Police called on the FBI and members of a state task force to check if the suspect or suspects might be part of a group, Petropulos said.

"We're not saying it is a hate crime, but we're going to treat it as if it were," he said. "We're not taking it lightly."

Petropulos said he could not remember a Mormon church being vandalized in the city.

An arsonist destroyed St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church in 2000, he said. That arsonist was never caught, he said, and the church has been rebuilt.

Scum. :(

D

Desidude666

It is very worrying how the Swastika has now equated to some numerical interpretation representing the Devil. Most of these illiterate people, who make such associations have no idea that the Swastika is a religious symbol representing the Hindu God, Vishnu (Yahweh equivalent) and has existed for more than 5000 years, pre-dating the Bible or Christianity in particular.

It's insulting to people of the Vedic culture that these associations are made to undermine their faith because Hitler chose to use the Vedic culture to his own political use - if you go to some Hindu temple, you will find Swastikas all over the place.

This is very stupid, really despite my blunt use of the word, how the assessment of some very key issues (the vedic culture is perhaps as much of a victim of the Nazis as the Jews since the Arya concept is a vedic concept and people believe that migration was from the Indus Valley and not to) remains in ignorance since Saraswati Basin (the river that people commented was in Europe that is in the RgVed) was found underground.

Devil isn't of Vedic philosophy, in fact, the culture does not believe in absolute evil.

Z

Zaragrunudgeyon

It is very worrying how the Swastika has now equated to some numerical interpretation representing the Devil. Most of these illiterate people, who make such associations have no idea that the Swastika is a religious symbol representing the Hindu God, Vishnu (Yahweh equivalent) and has existed for more than 5000 years, pre-dating the Bible or Christianity in particular.

It's insulting to people of the Vedic culture that these associations are made to undermine their faith because Hitler chose to use the Vedic culture to his own political use - if you go to some Hindu temple, you will find Swastikas all over the place.

This is very stupid, really despite my blunt use of the word, how the assessment of some very key issues (the vedic culture is perhaps as much of a victim of the Nazis as the Jews since the Arya concept is a vedic concept and people believe that migration was from the Indus Valley and not to) remains in ignorance since Saraswati Basin (the river that people commented was in Europe that is in the RgVed) was found underground.

Devil isn't of Vedic philosophy, in fact, the culture does not believe in absolute evil.
Ya, shows how retarded these POS maggots are, the swastika doesn't offend us the same way as it offends the Jews.

L

lakeman

Ya, shows how retarded these POS maggots are, the swastika doesn't offend us the same way as it offends the Jews.
I would suppose that the swastika represented the identity of the individual who did this and the 666 represented what he thought of the Mormon church.

This individual should not have done this.

M

Mare Tranquillity

I would suppose that the swastika represented the identity of the individual who did this and the 666 represented what he thought of the Mormon church.

This individual should not have done this.
Why does anyone care about the 666? It was shown to be a translating error years ago, the real number of the Beast is a few digits off of 666. All the 666 does is demonstrate the total lack of intellectual attainment of the person who painted it on the church. We should all have a good laugh at them--kind of like people who paint graffiti and mispell 4 letter words. I have to feel sorry for someone who can't even spell 4 letter words.

L

lakeman

Why does anyone care about the 666?
Beats me I haven't looked into it at all.

It was shown to be a translating error years ago, the real number of the Beast is a few digits off of 666
Could be.
All the 666 does is demonstrate the total lack of intellectual attainment of the person who painted it on the church. We should all have a good laugh at them--kind of like people who paint graffiti and mispell 4 letter words. I have to feel sorry for someone who can't even spell 4 letter words.
That's great! You have a good sense of humor.:)