Sweden's economic growth is 'crazy strong': analysts

Sep 2013
On a hill
TT/The Local
news@thelocal.se
28 July 2017 15:54 CEST+02:00

A surge in the pace of growth in the second quarter of 2017 means Sweden's GDP expanded by a whopping 4 per cent from a year earlier, leaving Finance Minister Magdalena Andersson rejoicing over growth some analysts called "crazy strong."

Sweden's gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 1.7 percent in the second quarter of 2017, fresh figures from Statistics Sweden (Statistiska centralbyrån, SCB) show. That means the country's year-on-year growth rate landed at 4 percent, beating the economists' forecast growth of 2.8 percent.

"This shows the strength of the Swedish economy, and we can see that both the household consumption and property investments are going strong," Finance Minister Magdalena Andersson told TT newswire.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170728/swedens-economic-growth-is-crazy-strong-analysts

Jul 2011
Tennessee
TT/The Local
news@thelocal.se
28 July 2017 15:54 CEST+02:00

A surge in the pace of growth in the second quarter of 2017 means Sweden's GDP expanded by a whopping 4 per cent from a year earlier, leaving Finance Minister Magdalena Andersson rejoicing over growth some analysts called "crazy strong."

Sweden's gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 1.7 percent in the second quarter of 2017, fresh figures from Statistics Sweden (Statistiska centralbyrån, SCB) show. That means the country's year-on-year growth rate landed at 4 percent, beating the economists' forecast growth of 2.8 percent.

"This shows the strength of the Swedish economy, and we can see that both the household consumption and property investments are going strong," Finance Minister Magdalena Andersson told TT newswire.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170728/swedens-economic-growth-is-crazy-strong-analysts
the US 2nd quarter GDP growth rate was 2.6%.

Sep 2016
My own world
If anything Trump is holding the economy back. President Obama had the economy on a high ward spiral. Trump is slowing the climb up.

America could have matched Sweden's and even surpassed it by now with someone else more stable at the helm. Canada is getting a lot of investment that would have gone to the US for that reason.

Last edited:
Jul 2011
Tennessee
I don't know, you tell me - and back it up with a link.
believing in this........................... Sweden's economic growth is 'crazy strong': analysts

its not crazy strong compared to the US. an average growth rate over the last 4 quarters is 1% per quarter in Sweden adding up to the 4%. I would consider that very poor as compared to the US.