Switzerland’s High Rate of Gun Ownership and Low Murder Rate Proves What 2A Advocates

Jan 2014
south
Is it against the law to make your own ammunition. I have made ammo for a 6.5mm rifle I have , the cartridge is obsolete.
I'm sure [MENTION=25177]galatin[/MENTION] can answer that - or find out for you. I would kinda think if all ammunition is controlled, so would be the reloading components.

Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2008
Washington state
Well duuuuh, as a regular U.S. Army just barely existed and had no way to supply civilians with weapons.
Most had their own weapons. Although George Washington and others frequently complained about the shortcomings of the militia, some Continental Army officers like Nathanael Greene had come to a more realistic appraisal of the value of these part-time soldiers by the end of the war. While the militia could not be counted on to stand up to trained, regular forces, it could and often did perform other important roles that were less obvious but crucial elements in the winning of independence.https://www.historyisfun.org/yorktown-victory-center/militia-in-the-revolutionary-war/

Dec 2013
Switzerland
I'm sure [MENTION=25177]galatin[/MENTION] can answer that - or find out for you. I would kinda think if all ammunition is controlled, so would be the reloading components.
You can only buy ammunitiosn when you have a licence for a gun and you can do it only in gun shops. Everything is written down..... and you cannot buyasmuch as you want , everything is regulated.

Reactions: 2 people
Nov 2008
Washington state
All I need is the shell, and the primer and powder . I can make bullets with molds and use lead. Not recommended, but will work in a pinch. All those elements can be extracted from live ammunition

Jan 2014
south
You can only buy ammunitiosn when you have a licence for a gun and you can do it only in gun shops. Everything is written down..... and you cannot buyasmuch as you want , everything is regulated.
so the Swiss federal government has all the records of both firearms and ammunition - is that how it works?

Reactions: 2 people