Syria: Assad has decisively won his brutal battle

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
Sounds like it... 1 event was 2300 Humvees.

One base allowed to be taken had an entire inventory of equipment, guns and ammo (several tanks, a helicopter and a fighter jet... lucky they had no pilots)

It's a curse having a memory sometimes.
Captured weapons left behind by fleeing Iraqis is different than founding and funding ISIS. In mid 2016 the war for Mosul and later for Raqqa pushed the IS remnants to the Syria Turkish border, mostly east where they are today.

Reactions: The Man
Aug 2018
Vancouver
Ok, given those facts, give a singular viable alternative? Bet you come up with some non sequitur that doesn't consider the facts.
OK

But we can’t consider facts until we establish facts. Right?

Those were not US humvees. Those were Humvees that the US had sold to the sovereign nation of Iraq for the Iraqi military. They belonged to Iraq. Property of Iraq.

So, just like when Canada or Australia crashes an F-18, it is NOT a US plane that was lost. It was a US MADE plane. But not a US plane.

Can we agree that that is a fact?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Man
Aug 2018
Vancouver
I understand what you’re saying. Christopher Stevens was in Libya specifically to funnel arms and cash and equipment to anti-Assad forces. It was his career. And those forces would later become or join ISIS.

Which was only possible because Western allies didn’t even care who they were arming.

But the people who sat down and said “let’s build a pan Arabic army and spread Saudi Arabia’s ideology, government, and religion across the entire Middle East” were Saudis and Qataris and Kuwaitis.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Captured weapons left behind by fleeing Iraqis is different than founding and funding ISIS. In mid 2016 the war for Mosul and later for Raqqa pushed the IS remnants to the Syria Turkish border, mostly east where they are today.
You'd be shocked how many examples you can find...

We are talking treason here, people get executed for that shit, you really think it would be that overt?

No, it's more in things like "oops we dropped those supplies in the wrong coordinates", "I got them in my sights, can I shoot?" "No.", dropping pamphlets warning of impending bombs... Etc...

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
I understand what you’re saying. Christopher Stevens was in Libya specifically to funnel arms and cash and equipment to anti-Assad forces. It was his career. And those forces would later become or join ISIS.

Which was only possible because Western allies didn’t even care who they were arming.

But the people who sat down and said “let’s build a pan Arabic army and spread Saudi Arabia’s ideology, government, and religion across the entire Middle East” were Saudis and Qataris and Kuwaitis.
And we assisted them. Not on accident either.

raj

Oct 2018
In your head
And we assisted them. Not on accident either.

Are you saying it was done intentionally or out of ignorance?

Not that it really matters in the end. I'm just curious as to what you believe was the motivation here.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
OK

Those were not US humvees. Those were Humvees that the US had sold to the sovereign nation of Iraq for the Iraqi military. They belonged to Iraq. Property of Iraq.

So, just like when Canada or Australia crashes an F-18, it is NOT a US plane that was lost. It was a US MADE plane. But not a US plane.

^^^^

Can we agree that that’s a fact?

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
You'd be shocked how many examples you can find...

We are talking treason here, people get executed for that shit, you really think it would be that overt?

No, it's more in things like "oops we dropped those supplies in the wrong coordinates", "I got them in my sights, can I shoot?" "No.", dropping pamphlets warning of impending bombs... Etc...
Well but I never heard of an errant air drop that went to ISIS but plenty about weapons of all sorts left behind by fleeing Iraqi troops. If you think there's a scandal, haven't you already tried to raise it repeatedly and it's gone nowhere. It's nonsense to claim Obama funded and founded ISIS. That allegation is going on five years now with little to show; another dead Republican lie. Lol. Maybe the Russians will want to chirp in.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Well but I never heard of an errant air drop that went to ISIS but plenty about weapons of all sorts left behind by fleeing Iraqi troops. If you think there's a scandal, haven't you already tried to raise it repeatedly and it's gone nowhere. It's nonsense to claim Obama funded and founded ISIS. That allegation is going on five years now with little to show; another dead Republican lie. Lol. Maybe the Russians will want to chirp in.
So, your ignorance on the issue is your proof?

Aug 2018
Vancouver
OK

No discussion can be had unless this fact is acknowledged.

Can we just acknowledge this basic fact.