Tackle white supremacy as terrorism, experts say

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Tackle white supremacy as terrorism, experts say

White supremacism is terrorism, experts say - CNN

White supremacist murders in the US "more than doubled in 2017," with far-right extremist groups and white supremacists "responsible for 59% of all extremist-related fatalities in the US in 2017," ADL's audit shows. They were responsible for 20% of these fatalities the year before.
Reps. Omar and Schakowsky: We must confront threat of white nationalism -- together
Depending on who you ask, white supremacist terrorism is either not a problem, or the biggest threat to American democracy in years, but one that's often ignored.
***************************************************************************************************

Here we have another scare article using the very same admitted flawed data to claim white nationalism is on the rise. The problem is, is what they count as "white nationalism". Should we call an idiot nazi stealing a candybar from a bodega, terrorism and white nationalist hate crime?

The problem is the ADL salted the incidents with things like this, Cops do a no knock on a persons house for a meth lab, they find nazi paraphanelia and call it a hate crime....

Nazis and white supremacists are idiots and assholes and should be confronted, but exaggerating the threat is nothing more than a "year of the shark", "ebola" or bird flu bid for ratings.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
As soon as we start treating the progressive religion as it is, coined as religious humanism in 1933, I will be open to your suggestion.

All mass movements that seek to restrict the freedom of others through irrational zeal should be treated exactly the same.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Yes, yes. Of course, you know better than anyone. Everyone else is wrong and you're right.

Branton, Martinez-Ebers, and Feinberg noted that their study "cannot be certain" that the marked increase was solely attributed to Trump's rhetoric. But they also shut down the suggestion that the reported hate crimes were fake.

"In fact, this charge is frequently used as a political tool to dismiss concerns about hate crimes," the analysis said. "Research shows it is far more likely that hate crime statistics are considerably lower because of underreporting."

"Additionally, it is hard to discount a 'Trump effect' when a considerable number of these reported hate crimes reference Trump," they continued. "According to the ADL's 2016 data, these incidents included vandalism, intimidation and assault."

Hate crimes in the US reportedly increased 17% in 2017 compared to the previous year, according to an annual FBI report published in November 2018.
Hate crimes increased 226% in places Trump held a campaign rally in 2016, study claims

The FBI agrees that there has been an increase in hate crimes mostly perpetrated by white males.

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
The problem is the ADL salted the incidents with things like this, Cops do a no knock on a persons house for a meth lab, they find nazi paraphanelia and call it a hate crime....
The ADL report cited above is only about murders. It doesn't cover hate crimes in general. The CNN article doesn't mention any research by the ADL into the prevalence of hate crimes.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Yes, yes. Of course, you know better than anyone. Everyone else is wrong and you're right.

Oh your over emotional hysterics.... calm down, keep your personal attacks to yourself

Hate crimes increased 226% in places Trump held a campaign rally in 2016, study claims

The FBI agrees that there has been an increase in hate crimes mostly perpetrated by white males.

Holy fuck don't you people think for yourselves? your link uses the SAME ADL heat map which 1. does exactly what I say in my op, counts non hate crimes committed by people as hate crimes. That's dishonest.

"The scientists used the Anti-Defamation League's map "

It's sad how willingly duped you people are.

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
The one that says both "murder" and "EXTREMISM" in the united states?

That one? ;)

Given your claim, I thought you were looking at something else I hadn't seen.
Yes, the one which says 'murder and extremism' because it's about murders connected to extremism. The one which only looks at murders and doesn't look into the overall prevalence of hate crimes

Did you read any further than the title?

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Yes, the one which says 'murder and extremism' because it's about murders connected to extremism. The one which only looks at murders and doesn't look into the overall prevalence of hate crimes

Did you read any further than the title?

Ahh I see now, no my bad. I did read, I thought you were talking about that heat map. lol... this was cherry picked from that map...

LEt me ask you why is this a bias/hate murder?

Renton, Washington, September 19, 2018. White supremacist Jeremy Shaw, who owned a small roofing business called Aryan Enterprises, was arrested along with his wife, Lorena, in connection with an alleged plot to murder Steven Morphis and steal his property through an adverse possession scheme. Morphis was beaten with a blunt instrument and his throat was slashed. Detectives who searched Jeremey Shaw’s home found a number of Nazi- and white supremacist-themed items. He was charged with homicide, burglary and arson; Lorena was charged with burglary, arson and rendering criminal assistance.15

Why would this count?