Tackle white supremacy as terrorism, experts say

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
CNN is 100% fake news 100% of the time.

This is just another propaganda piece attempting to equate White Supremacy with American Patriots.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
It's listed under Islamist extremism

so why is it listed as a white supremacy as an example. I'll tell you why, as of a week ago, it was listed as such. So they changed it, but the author didn't get the word.

Good to see them making corrections.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
As soon as we start treating the progressive religion as it is, coined as religious humanism in 1933, I will be open to your suggestion.

All mass movements that seek to restrict the freedom of others through irrational zeal should be treated exactly the same.
Political beliefs are not a religion, no matter how many times you repeat that ridiculous trope.

Feb 2011
Boise, ID
I think broad social rejection and humiliation is better than trying to liken backwards attitudes to terrorism. I just think we need to engage in a very broad, systematic, collective effort to publicly chastise and ridicule each and every skin-color-based comment or generalization (including when spoken by racial minorities, no free pass or blind eye for them or anyone else). And the pseudo-intellectuals and academics whining that “color blindness is another form of racism” deserve especially intense ridicule.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
I think broad social rejection and humiliation is better than trying to liken backwards attitudes to terrorism. I just think we need to engage in a very broad, systematic, collective effort to publicly chastise and ridicule each and every skin-color-based comment or generalization (including when spoken by racial minorities, no free pass or blind eye for them or anyone else). And the pseudo-intellectuals and academics whining that “color blindness is another form of racism” deserve especially intense ridicule.
Have to disagree there... especially about chastising "each and every skin-color-based comment". What does that even mean? Simply talking about race doesn't equal racism or merit chastising. What you're talking about is smothering any discussion of racism with insults and ridicule. There are people on this board who think it's racist to say something is racist. I'm not kidding.

Feb 2011
Boise, ID
Have to disagree there... especially about chastising "each and every skin-color-based comment". What does that even mean?
It means grouping people according to skin color in order to make generalizations about them.
Simply talking about race doesn't equal racism or merit chastising.
I kind of think it does.
What you're talking about is smothering any discussion of racism with insults and ridicule.
I'm finding most "discussions of racism" nowadays are worthless pot-stirring political rhetoric.
There are people on this board who think it's racist to say something is racist. I'm not kidding.
That gets a little hard to follow. I'm just talking about all manner of race/skin-color-based generalizations.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
It means grouping people according to skin color in order to make generalizations about them.
Oh... I guess I got thrown off by you saying "each and every skin-color-based comment or generalization" as thought they were two separate things and you plan to mock both, but I can see what you mean here. But then, it seems like you double down by replying to my
Simply talking about race doesn't equal racism or merit chastising.
with
I kind of think it does.
Really? So if we talk about how drug use incarceration is 4x higher for black men than white men, even when repeated studies show identical usage rates, that's a racist discussion? Is it racist to talk about disparities in death penalty sentences based on the race of the victim, and worthy of mocking? If so, why do you think so?

Jul 2017
U.S.A.
Tackle white supremacy as terrorism, experts say

White supremacism is terrorism, experts say - CNN

White supremacist murders in the US "more than doubled in 2017," with far-right extremist groups and white supremacists "responsible for 59% of all extremist-related fatalities in the US in 2017," ADL's audit shows. They were responsible for 20% of these fatalities the year before.
Reps. Omar and Schakowsky: We must confront threat of white nationalism -- together
Depending on who you ask, white supremacist terrorism is either not a problem, or the biggest threat to American democracy in years, but one that's often ignored.
***************************************************************************************************

Here we have another scare article using the very same admitted flawed data to claim white nationalism is on the rise. The problem is, is what they count as "white nationalism". Should we call an idiot nazi stealing a candybar from a bodega, terrorism and white nationalist hate crime?

The problem is the ADL salted the incidents with things like this, Cops do a no knock on a persons house for a meth lab, they find nazi paraphanelia and call it a hate crime....

Nazis and white supremacists are idiots and assholes and should be confronted, but exaggerating the threat is nothing more than a "year of the shark", "ebola" or bird flu bid for ratings.
You seem angry about this.
Are you angry? #ProudBoy

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
You seem angry about this.
Are you angry? #ProudBoy

You know if you want to pick a fight with me you should at least make it clever and it's best not to lie about the person your attacking, makes you look petty.

Now anything on the topic or are you just trolling?